Averitt Express Not What it seems

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by Gunney, Aug 17, 2007.

1. MUSTANGGT

MUSTANGGT Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Georgia
    Sounds like something else you dreamed up. Averiit has the most LTL business in the Atlanta Metro area by far and neck to neck with the competition in every major city from Dallas back to the Atlantic. It was an LTL company long before they added TL or anything else.

And why are you here? You have 16 posts, every one of which is over here bashing Averitt. That's usually the behavior of somebody that got fired and has no where else to take it out on. I'm surprised management hasn't noticed this yet.

Estes is a fine company. I have a friend who retired from there. I could have worked there years ago but I'm not driving 150 miles to the nearest terminal. I live in a small town and Averitt is the best thing going. I'm not moving to Atlanta and have my living expenses go up almost as much as my pay. Some of us do what we have to do.

I earn a good living running shuttle. I realize I would be making about $200 more per week with Estes, FedEx or Saia but I can't waste time worrying about that because they don't have a yard around here.

As a matter of fact, I try not to spend time worrying about what anybody else does and tend to my own affairs, which is exactly what you should be doing instead of being on here carrying on like a troll and pestering us.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. corysti

corysti Medium Load Member

May 13, 2008
    Arkansas
    Amen brother :)

MUSTANGGT Thanks this.
  4. WRIGHTRACING

WRIGHTRACING Heavy Load Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Iuka MS/Muscle Shoals AL
    I'm on a dedicated account...and love it.

MUSTANGGT Thanks this.
  5. Phillip Memug

Phillip Memug Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Memphis, Tn.
    Sounds like your doing a little dreaming yourself driver... We have 5 centers in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. All them 100+ doors and all swamped in freight. How many facilities do you have there? I'm not slamming Averitt, just your comment. Your way off if you think big Red is doing volumes that compare with us or even guys like Conway in those lanes, or any other lanes for that matter. Averitt is a very small fish in the LTL pond.

rednready Thanks this.
  6. MUSTANGGT

MUSTANGGT Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Georgia
    Maybe I have a tendency to embellish the truth somewhat but so do most marketing people.
    A smaller fish maybe, but not a very small fish, at least not in the southeast.
    Thank-you for commenting.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  7. corysti

May 13, 2008
    Arkansas
    Your right in some aspect that fedex is bigger than averitt. I won't deny that whatsoever and I doubt averitt will ever catch up to fedex. We are smaller than Conway, SAIA, UPS,and Fedex but yet we have guys that's been here from the start of the company and they still enjoy coming to work everyday wearing red even though the pay is less than our competitors. I can also tell you that none of those companies are privately owned and still kicking after 40 years. The owner said so hi self that he wasn't trying to make averitt the biggest LTL company in the united states. He wanted to give the customers the best experience possible with keeping their freight in good shape and having great customer service. I think we do that very well and Were all here for one reason and that's to pay our bills and provide for our families so to me it doesn't matter where I work or what colors I wear as long as I can provide for my family and enjoy doing it at the the same time.

bigmikectn Thanks this.
  8. Phillip Memug

Phillip Memug Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Memphis, Tn.
    I did a little looking around..judge the size of the fish for yourself.

From SJ Consulting Group Inc revenue in 2011

1. Fedex Frieght $4,710 million
    2. Conway $3,197 m
    3. YRC $3,183 m
    4. UPS Freight $2,299 m

10. Saia $1,030 m
    11. Southeastern F. L. $820 m
    12. Vitran $686 m
    13. Averitt $557 m
    14. Roadrunner $467 m

http://www.jindel.com/Newsroom/IndustryData/top25ltl_2012_0423.htm

9. corysti

May 13, 2008
    Arkansas
    Thanks for showing us this but your not proving anything to us. We didn't say we were the biggest... but yes i could go to estes or ups freight but they aren't around here and its pointless for me to put 180 miles a day on my car to make a few extra bucks. Especially with gas prices being high.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  10. Vashaun75

Vashaun75 Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Who gives a #### if these other companies are bigger than Averitt, some people just want be comfortable and make a decent living everybody can't be the big dog

11. Woopigsooie

Woopigsooie Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Fort Smith, AR
    Agreed, and with proper money management providing a decent living for the family is very easy with our company. My only regret about joining Averitt is that I did not make the switch years ago!

Tnronin Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.