Averitt Uniforms

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by TXSilverEagle84, Sep 20, 2015.

1. TXSilverEagle84

TXSilverEagle84 Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2013
    PORT ARTHUR, TEXAS
    To all my Averitt Express Colleagues

I need your help, very simple but Ironic but too simple. Anyway, I need you guys to chime in regards to about your uniform program. Who's your vendor (Aramark, Cintas,ect), your purchasing or renting, and how do you like your uniforms. I have been working closely with a uniform vendor to get similar shirts and I am having some difficulties on the no-tuck button up shirts products.

Please advise if you will and be safe on the road!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MichiganOutLaw

MichiganOutLaw Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Michigan
    We use cintas, we get a uniform credit per year from our employer, as drivers we get choices of pants and or shorts, shirts are polo, button down and no tuck. They are really nice and I have zero complaints about them.

They are purchased not rented.

JC1971 and chopper103in Thank this.
  4. Jeepman1

Jeepman1 Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2009
    FLORIDA
    The Avrt uniform program works out nice...I've been here over 11.5 years and have so many I didn't even bother to order any this year. I have a little over 2.5 months left and I'm OUT OF HERE..(RETIRING)!!!!!

son n law and HorseShoe Thank this.
  5. MichiganOutLaw

MichiganOutLaw Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Michigan
    You will be back, :)

HorseShoe Thanks this.
  6. Jeepman1

Dec 24, 2009
    FLORIDA
    Want to place a wager?....Back in July I strained my lower back muscles hit a dip in the road with a HEAVY load, figured if I take it easy, it would go away just like the past, after a couple of weeks it did not. Been off the last 6 weeks on short term disability....I have a arthritic spine and my pelvis tilted forward onto a disc...physical therapy resolved the issues.....see the DOCTOR on Thursday to get released back to work...All the years of pounding up and down the road has taken it's toll....I'll be 64 in December...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! When I clean my truck out in December, I'll NEVER look back.

Crossroads Thanks this.
  7. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

As said above, Cintas does our uniform program. We get $150 per year from company to spend at the uniform website. I usually alternate between 5 shirts/pants one year and next year jackets, boots/shoes, caps. I've noticed in the last 3 years the pants are always longer than ordered, but otherwise I have no complaints. I like the blue shirts better than our red shirts, but that's just color preference. Can't say anything bad about Big Red, although it may sound like a complaint, it's a good company. 16 years. It beats working for a living.

8. Jeepman1

Dec 24, 2009
    FLORIDA
    I liked the old BLUE uniforms better, still have the Jacket,Windbreakers and a few of the shirts. I have a lot of the RED stuff..When I retire in December, I'm going make sure all of my stuff is clean and take it to my serctr and give it away.....I have had many good years here, but the years of pounding down the road have taken it's toll....

tscottme Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.