Avoid FFE

Discussion in 'FFE Lisa American Eagle' started by Metron, Apr 12, 2012.

1. bigdipper

bigdipper Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2012
    FLORIDA
    Where'd METRON, the OP go????????
    I'd like to hear more of your reason to avoid FFE!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cochise

Cochise Light Load Member

Jun 8, 2011
    tow,texas
    FFE is as good or bad as the average refrigerated freight company. The trick is in how you manage your relationship with your manager(s) and how sensitive you are to their needs and wants while expecting them to cater to your needs and wants. Most people reciprocate when treated with respect and consideration. The more freight they move the more they make same as you. You are both in the same business. Talk openly and honestly and respectfully and you will likely receive the same in return. It is really a symbiotic relationship.

StayBusyTrucker and bigdipper Thank this.
  4. BluegrassBoy

BluegrassBoy Bobtail Member

May 21, 2012
    Where my DM sends me
    While the company itself is not a bad company, I think they think they are bigger than they are. My experience hasn't been the best so far, but I make due and learn to adjust. the major problem is consistency. One week I get 4100 miles, then the next is 1100, then 4300 then 1000.

5. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    i made 200 last week that must all be trans am's fault
    this week was 1375 must be all because how good I am
    What I am actually seeing is I am only as good as the loads my DM gives me
    I see a lot of happy FFE drivers at all the same places I go

6. Biscuit75

Biscuit75 Road Train Member

Not even 6 months in and this METRON guy doesn't know he's going to have good and bad weeks in trucking?
    Here's a truth for you METRON, the school lied to you. You're not going to make $50,000 your first year.

tquevedo Thanks this.
  7. Wingnut1

Wingnut1 Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2012
    The Mitten
    I'm starting at FFE Academy on July 9. I've done a TON of reading about different company-sponsored schools and think FFE will be the best bet for me. I think I will do OK. I have a Class B CDL with an X endorsement already, and have been delivering propane for the past 7 years. OTR is something that has always interested me and I have friends who drive, so I'm aware of what I' getting into. Not married, no kids, no pets, renter, so I felt now is the time to do it. I was approved for CRST, CR England and FFE.

8. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    It's all in your fleet/terminal manager, and whether or not you're on a dedicated account. We do quite alright over here at Cargill Beef, though this is a regional account and unless you like to camp in the yard in your truck, you should live within 50ish miles of the plant.

9. federal221

federal221 Heavy Load Member

Mar 29, 2010
    new haven,IN
    I dont understand of of you guys at FFE complaining about
    Pay I make around 900 week your not always going to make a lot
    Your going to have down weeks I've been with FFE about 2 years
    January-march are bad months freight really doesn't move

10. pigsooie

pigsooie Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Blow that smoke up some body eleses booty. Been there done that! .29 cpm is slave labor.

11. pigsooie

pigsooie Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2013
    900 a week gross or net? I left FFE and went with PTL and gross at least 1300 a week and not have the problems like with FFE.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.