AVRT Drivers loggin day off on E -Logs (qualcomm)?

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by tscottme, Sep 19, 2015.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Current AVRT e-loggers, can you explain how I enter e-log for 1 or more days off, after I come back to work? We're switching from paper logs to E-logs and I forgot to ask this question in training for my dedicated account.

Can you only log days off AFTER they happen? For example, twice a year we get 1-2 weeks off or several days off in a row. Do I HAVE to e-log those days off AFTER I come back to work? It's physically possible to turn in "preemptive" days off logs on paper, since I won't be working.

For 1 or more days off, would I first log into Qualcomm and E-log for the current day and show ODND while I create the e-logs for past days off, or login and create e-logs for days off AND ONLY THEN star current day log, or does it matter?

Cookeville hasn't turned on HOS function in our Qualcomm units, but we do login and send macros for various things. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    after your post trip go to off duty @ svc then log out of the qualcomm totally for more than one consecutive day off. Oh and don't forget to approve your logs also.

4. tscottme

Thanks Trooper

Since my normal work "day spans a midnight by a few hours do you anticipate problems with not being able to approve logs because I will finish one work "day a few hours after midnight, go home, come back to work late afternoon of same day and work past midnight. I know this will be become much clearer after 1 day, 1 week of use. I know they must be approved but I'm wondering when to approve them if after I get out of truck I will be logging back in on the same day10-12 hours later of same calendar day.

5. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I approve my logs each week before logging off. So I would think the same in your case.

6. tscottme

Yeah, that sounds OK

7. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Help me understand why the drunk engineers that designed the traffic way in Nashville eliminated wrecks there but when you clear Nashville there are a ton of wrecks.

8. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Each week? I thought the FMCSA rule was the logs had to be approved for each 24hour span? My qualcomm even gives me a notification that I need to check and approve my logs.

9. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I haven't had a word said to me doing it weekly. That was how I was trained quite a long time ago and still do.

chopper103in Thanks this.
  10. tscottme

Got me, I stay out of Nashville and now I have the seniority to make that happen. I've probably been in/through Nashville 3 times in 15 years and 2 of those were last Chritmas.

I suspect just outside of Nashville is where the phone addicts exhale than jump back on the phone. They need an App that will show them on theirphone what is right in front of their car.

11. tscottme

Trooper, I checked the AVRT provided Qualcomm/HOS handbook and it did mention "approve your e-logs daily." FYI

Thanks for your help. I'll probably ask you other stuff.

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.