Awesome Receive And Trasnmit

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Jasonkip, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Slowmover1

Slowmover1 Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Fort Worth
    A friend travelled with another truck years ago. His associate liked to start #### over the radio at the truckstop from behind sleeper curtain.

I’m told that came to a stop after “someone” hung some RF activated lights on his antenna.

Pretty ###### funny story about a Missouri truckstop door-bangin’ episode.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jasonkip

Jasonkip Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2017
    California
    I don't like Sirio

4. Jasonkip

Jasonkip Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2017
    California
    I have already spend a lot of money on Sirio and Wilson, But I think its time to try the new Stryker SR-A10 cb antenna (Lighted) that is far better than both my previous CB antennas. I saw good reviews for this crappy Sirio antenna and found that it does absolutely nothing for me. I took it to a shop to have it tuned and it was still crap. The antenna comes with 18 feet of thin coax and it doesn't have a connector at the base of the antenna so you can easily swap out antennas. Ask the guys at Mauldroppers.com and they'll tell you the Sirio performer sucks. I wish I never touched this crappy Sirio antenna. I should have just sent it back. All I get is crackle, fuzzy voice and nothing else. If you want a decent antenna, go with the Stryker SR-A10 mag mount CB Antenna. I used this on a Uniden PC68LTW. That's about all I can tell you. Stay away from this product. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

5. Jasonkip

Jasonkip Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2017
    California
    Well, This was not an advertisement. I was just sharing my opinion. :)

6. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Here is a fact. Less coil losses equates to a more efficient antenna. Longer antenna always outperforms a shorter antenna.
    I try to avoid opinions.
    Wilson vs the sirio performer 5000

mike5511 Thanks this.
  7. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Only cause its not a stryker...Yeah we know,your hard core stryker ad man..

8. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    How did you formulate your opinion? Most of us base our opinions upon what actually works in the real world. Not liking a more efficient antenna because it wasn't built in my Factory isn't exactly a valid reason for not liking something.

9. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada

That's odd.....I get the total opposite issue..I would call a $1000 a lot of $ but less than a cpl hundy on two ant is not a lot..
    Jason you keep bragging up the stryker antenna like it was a paychk...So who pays ya for all the advertiseing on the ant??

10. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    He forgot to tell us that he installed the Sirio antenna and the Wilson antenna on his go-kart with a plastic roof and he installed the striker antenna on the roof of his Chevy Suburban which explains why it performs better than the other two. The funny thing is the striker antenna is basically an exact replica of the Wilson antenna with different plastic housing .

delta5 Thanks this.
  11. Meteorgray

Meteorgray Heavy Load Member

Jan 1, 2016
    About the Sirio: I believe Jasonkip in another thread said that he was unable to tune the Sirio and never could get acceptable communications with it no matter what he did. Thus his stated poor opinion of Sirio.

I remember reading of a Sirio user on another forum with the same complaints. He observed that despite multiple attempts at tuning, it gave poor results. He then tried another antenna in its place, and it worked well.

I have to believe that if these reports are accurate, these folks just got faulty specimens; perhaps a problem with internal contacts or in the coils or something. There are too many folks raving about the Sirio to be otherwise. I believe the Sirio's stinger is something like 6.6 feet long, which by itself would imply a performance approaching that of a pure 9-foot quarter-wave stinger, especially if the Sirio is placed on the roof versus the 9-footer on the bumper.

Jason, I'd look into what the problem might be if I owned that Sirio. Certainly there is nothing inherently wrong with the Sirio; in fact, just the opposite. The only reason I don't have one is I can't accommodate its (otherwise favorable) length on anything I would run it on.

mike5511 and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.