Back at Dart

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Captain Zoom, Aug 28, 2012.

1. full moon

full moon Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2010
    If you wanna make 1.47 mi and stay away from east coast . We have alot of drop and hook freight avg load 35000 good loads to make fuel savings on . We avg 2500 a week here at ACT . we only run midwest states Im currently avg 1200 week been here 8 months trucks t660 governed 72 75 mph. We also get a choice of 3 loads so you can learn the system and put yourself in good freight lanes .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Captain Zoom

Captain Zoom Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Nah...thanks, but I'm pretty happy where I am. Also I live in NC. I was mostly cheesed off at myself for screwing myself over without the help of a dispatcher.

4. NYSuperTrucker

NYSuperTrucker Light Load Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Twin Cities MN
    A night out on the Atlanta town in store?

5. Captain Zoom

Oct 29, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Nah...I turned in early in Commerce with the intent of getting an early start and rolling in to receiver around 0745 for an 0800 appointment...of course, the 25-mile backup on I85 brought that plan to a screeching halt. I was only about 2 hours late. Of course that messed up the final stop (2 drops on load). Am waiting at the Petro on I285 for a SECO load to come across--they'll tell Dart in the morning that they have 12 loads going out that day and wait til like 2200 to send out the release numbers, so a bunch of us end up sitting around at the Petro watching movies all day. I needed a break anyhow; been running hard.

6. Captain Zoom

Oct 29, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sheez...longest I've sat since I started at Dart; going on 2 days now. I said I needed a break, not a mini vacation. LET'S GO ALREADY!! Seems SECO isn't coming across with the loads like they have been--something about the election year. Freight is really wonky right now because everyone's nervous about what's going to happen. Meanwhile I'm sitting here on my thumb waiting to be able to earn my way out of the hole I'm in. It won't do any good to yell at my dispatcher because she's doing everything she can--closest load to me is over 300mi away and Dart won't let her deadhead me that far. (Heavy, much-put-upon sigh) If I'm still here after lunch I'm going to start yelling at people...their layover pay is a joke.

7. Captain Zoom

Oct 29, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ok, done whining...back on the road, headed to Cedar Falls IA by tomorrow night. Stopped to get a 3-axle alignment in Cartersville GA (pulls right). It'll take me a few days to get out of the hole. More updates as events warrant.

8. NYSuperTrucker

Dec 22, 2010
    Twin Cities MN
    No update since GA.....trees gotta be turning and looking pretty up in New York this time of year.

9. Captain Zoom

Oct 29, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sorry for no updates...been kind of a rough week. I've been busy but home problems; you know how it is. Not really out of the woods yet but I can see a little light so we seem to be through the thickest part of it.
    Currently at the bottom of the hill at Love's in Fancy Gap VA, gonna grab some fuel in the morning and scram for Big Is to pick up a load of paper going to Kansas City MO, then down to Muskogee to grab a load heading a couple of hundred miles east (don't remember where). They're running the **** out of me...right now I need all I can get so no complaints. Gonna need a break soon though!

10. NYSuperTrucker

Dec 22, 2010
    Twin Cities MN
    Quakertown PA? Good to see them keeping you happy, rolling and rolling! When I was at Marten, that's what they did, had no complaints even though alot of super truckers did! haha

11. Captain Zoom

Oct 29, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I hear you...I'm no super trucker and I have no patience for them; they ruin things for the rest of us.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.