Back in the day . . .

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Jack Smithton, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Midnight Magic

Midnight Magic Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2020
    Lemme guess...the wet t-shirt contests were at Wildwood?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midnight Magic

Jul 23, 2020
    Haha I still have the green stamps and gold bond stamps too. When you find out where to cash them in, let me know!

rachi Thanks this.
  4. Midnight Magic

Jul 23, 2020
    I remember years ago, I had a few vets at the time completely lose it on me saying how women had no place in the industry, and how I should learn my place, etc. The group I was running with (also vets) immediately fired back in my defence. I wasn’t a newbie, it was the fact not many women were driving back then.

5. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    The fastest lights I ever chased was from somewhere in Louisiana to Mobile, AL. Lights stopped at truck stop and I came in behind. I got out looking forward and she got out looking back. We both grinned and said; "Just wondered what you had under that thing. She in an old 650 Jimmy Diesel and me in a nearly new V205 IH (Which which would turn a cool 70 then where ever you could run it). Chatted, coffee, and gone. Old times-1 middle950's.

6. 50WT

50WT Heavy Load Member

Dec 26, 2015
    I had 3 drivers license for a while. If you got a ticket out of state they would keep your license till the fine was paid and the license got stapled to the paperwork.
    First thing a officer would do is hold your license up to the light to see how many holes were in it.
    Always gave them the one with least holes.
    No power mirrors, we would just open passenger door on a 359 pete and move it by hand if blind siding.
    36 inch bunk with crawl thru hole was a pain to get in.
    Don't remember where I was at , be hadn't been in the bunk log,noise woke me up, trucks on both sides of me where pulling out at the same time .
    I thought I was rolling backwards, jumped head first for the foot brake ,talk about looking foolish.
    And if you unloaded cows in the southeast they'd tell you to go to Callback,Texas. That meant get your butt to Texas asap then I'll let you know where to load.

JolliRoger and homeskillet Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.