Back Office Software

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Grant Industrial Trans, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Grant Industrial Trans

Grant Industrial Trans Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Macon, Georgia
    I looked around the forums for this topic, but may have missed it, if it's already been asked.
    Who would you recommend for integrated Back Office and Accounting Software?
    We are a local Equipment and Cargo hauling company. Currently myself and my wife. I drive the big truck, she drives the small one. I field the calls, she does the books. We are looking to grow by 2 trucks this year.
    We are currently using quickbooks for our accounting, and filling out a ticket book for each p/u and delivery made, and turning them in a couple of times a week.
    We would like to have a system with tablets in each truck, where the driver can fill in the ticket blanks, hit send and the office gets the info and sends the invoice. It really doesn't have to be more complicated than that.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Skip

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quickbooks is what we also use. Out in the field, everything get written down manually with pen and paper-it has worked for us for 20 years.

4. Grant Industrial Trans

Grant Industrial Trans Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Macon, Georgia
    Yep. I've been in the towing and recovery and specialized hauling industry for 27 years now. 25 of those for other companies, some big some not. We all had ticket books. It works.
    But, if there is way to do it better, I'm in. ;-)

5. ohiouser

ohiouser Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Ohio
    We use quickbooks online (QBO). You can create invoice and send in under 2 minutes for established customers. It will take a little longer if its a new customer. QBO will work on tablet, PC and mobile.

Grant Industrial Trans Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.