Back on the road

Discussion in 'Swift' started by hunterdog, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Birdeye56

Birdeye56 Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2008
    NY
    Just got off the phone with Swift in Memphis and have most of my info for orientation on 1/13/09 she says to call back Friday and get the bus ticket reservation # so hopefully i'm all set. Three days of orientation in Syracuse,NY then out with the mentor for 4-6 weeks. I have the hotel phone # and the taxi cabs # for when I arrive at the bus station to get picked up and brought to the hotel. I'll post more as I get the info. Hopefully this is a done deal,but still don't believe it until i'm actually in orientation! Good luck to you all as well.....

Birdeye:biggrin_25525:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jwalker

jwalker Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2007
    That's great news Birdeye, I'm sure you'll do well. I hope to hear from my recruiter by Monday. If approved I don't plan on going in untill early to mid Feb. as I am still working to get a client into a home. I'm still doing the Realtor thing. Anyway, this last commission check will come in handy for the next few month's expenses.

Birdeye56 Thanks this.
  4. xxpigxx

xxpigxx Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Harlingen, TX
    cool beans Birdeye!

Birdeye56 Thanks this.
  5. Birdeye56

Dec 7, 2008
    NY

Thanks! But like I said I don't believe it until my butt is in my own truck. Heard too many storys about people going to orientation then being sent home as well as going the 4-6 weeks with a mentor and told to go home and they will call you when they have a truck for you! I believe in this economy their all cherry picking drivers.....:biggrin_2554:

6. Beans

Beans Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Temple, GA
    that sucks. anyone can make a mistake. you have child molesters teaching school. I had one wreck, which falls off this april, and Ihave been turned down. just got my cdl. i am considereing swift and wse. good luck. the main thing is to follow up:biggrin_25525:

7. Birdeye56

Dec 7, 2008
    NY
    I'm supposed to leave Monday morning for Syracuse and Swift in Az. called me from their investigation dept. and questioned a DUI from 1984 so I don't know if i'm going or not! Called my recruiter yesterday and kept getting voice mail. Orientation starts Tuesday and I don't know if their accepting me or not. Hopefully recruiting is open today in Memphis so I can find out the deal.....Birdeye:biggrin_25512:

8. pawpaw

pawpaw Medium Load Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Milan, NM
    Hope things work out for you. In this time with slow freight, companies are getting really particular in hiring.

9. Birdeye56

Dec 7, 2008
    NY
    I agree but to string me along for 6 weeks after the application says a 5 year history, my recruiter in Tn. says 10 years, and Swifts investigation unit in Az. is going back a lifetime. Like I said before cherry picking is what their all doing IMO!

Birdeye:biggrin_25510:

10. pawpaw

pawpaw Medium Load Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Milan, NM
    I agree with you and it is unfortunate but, as it was explained to me, if they are comparing 2 drivers for 1 spot, they will dig until they find something to disqualify one of them. That is the reality in this industry at this time of slowwww freight. I hope you can get over this bump and get on somewhere.

11. Birdeye56

Dec 7, 2008
    NY
    Thanks! I spoke to Swift this morning and still have no answer from their Az. headquarters, so looks like I won't be in orientation tomorrow at 7am. Can't get a straight answer from my recruiter in Tn. I received another copy of my DAC that Swift ordered, so looks like i'll be out of work in the trucking industry unless I find a smaller outfit that doesn't use the USIS BS services since they look at 2 DUI's from 1984 and 1991.......Very sad considering I haven't had a drink in about 15 years too!

Birdeye :biggrin_25512:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.