Back order on Parts?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by bamanation, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Yup i was talking to 2 diffrent petes just because i want to see about doing the overhaul on my MX around the end of next year and they told me that if i wanted an overhaul on my MX13 that they currently have a year long backorder and i would be better served to just do a full on like for like swap with a factory NEW MX13 engine and just transfer over whatever it was missing form my old one and that the price diffrence would be a couple grand at most anyway with how overhaul kit lrices have gone up.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    That could a better solution anyway.
    I am contemplating the same idea with ISX.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  4. Freddy57

Freddy57 Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Mount Vernon, MO
    A friend of mine who hauls parts for Ford told me that Ford is ceasing production again for two weeks due to lack of parts availability. It's a world wide problem and the backlog of orders is only making it worse.

Jarhed1964, 77fib77 and bzinger Thank this.
  5. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Not a parts issue but Even the Amish community is feeling it. Due to the pandemic, everyone ordered furniture at a rate they’ve never seen. I ordered a bed in March. Won’t be done for another two weeks. They are saying all new orders are 14-16 weeks out. They are not out of wood, they just can’t keep up with demand.

Jarhed1964, 77fib77, bzinger and 2 others Thank this.
  6. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    We shall see and time will tell what the pandemic based influx of money will do in the long run. It sure stimulated consumption which is the propeller of production which in turn defines what economy is. There cannot be healthy economy of such a big country as this without production.
    Normally, one would expect higher prices to be followed by increased wages and once another equilibrium is found the inflation would stabilize. For that to happen people need jobs. We cannot talk about jobs of such a big country as this without domestic production. With the tariff war against China and energy independence, we were on the right track.
    Sorry but Economy does not grow on trucking, health business, banking, and entertainment as much as on making products.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  7. scoobertdoo

scoobertdoo Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2020
    To the idiots who still use such parts, lol

8. scoobertdoo

scoobertdoo Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2020
    How many miles did you get out if that truck?
    I have been thinking of buying a complete mx13 and putting it in the shed, but at 500k I think it's too early.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  9. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    It's hitting just about every industry. The wife and I were looking at new Honda 4 wheelers last week. The lot is empty of new and used cars, and they're getting 12 new ones in on the 15th, then no more until August. Said the Honda plant is shut down for a couple weeks because they don't have enough parts to build them.

Used car prices are absolutely insane right now. If you have a reliable less than 10 year old vehicle with reasonable mileage, it's probably worth a lot more than blue book value. At least that's what is happening here in the west. My 2005 Expedition died 3 weeks ago after 200,000 miles and the engine seized. A guy offered me $6,000 for it with a blown motor. I took it. It blue booked for less than that with a running engine.

10. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Not all of us have the luxury of being able to get old iron. Ones that arent trashed are getting harder and harder to find. So we make due with what we can.

Imposible to tell. Ive only put 20k on it. However it may have had its odometer tampered with. When i got it it had 380k then the ECM fried and it shot up to 580k when it was replaced and there is evidence of ECM tampering hence why it fried plus i have found a lot of hidden wear and damage.

So it may hace 380k and the ECM just didnt update properly, it may have 580k or it may have more. Im just going with "mileage unknown" right now and figure next year it will be at 700kish and ill swap in a new engine to be safe and so i have a motor with a known history i dont need to worry about blowing up at randon.

Jarhed1964 and slow.rider Thank this.
  11. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I went shopping for a new mountain bike this spring. Talked about upgrading the last 2 years and decided to go for it. The one I wanted I'd have had to reserve it and even then I wouldn't have gotten the colour I wanted. Probably would not have seen it until a week ago. Ended up buying one they had in stock at the time that was a higher quality bike anyways. I took it back for a quick tuneup a couple weeks later and the showroom was just about empty of new bikes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.