Back with a new adventure

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Bedbuggin, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Cabinover101

Cabinover101 Heavy Load Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Many years ago I was bedbuggin mostly corporate moves, did some military moves which can be a pain, a few COD's. Didn't really get into alot of different shipments on the truck, mostly one truck (or 2 truck) moves. Thought about doing Spec Com but never did, just got out all together.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    I guess I did it all, or just about all. Hauled plenty of military. #### tons of natl accounts and more cods than I want to remember. From 1200 lb shipments to 2 trailer 52,000lbs pack load and shuttle shipments. Love bedbugging but like most other things. The money is not in it like it used to be.

Cabinover101 Thanks this.
  4. mover man

Feb 21, 2010
    Bedbugging If you have face book. I suggest you check out some sites run by and for drivers. Especially if your looking for a new home, back ground checked driver endorsed lumbers, or have a van line type question.

The moverssyndicate and movers life are the first ones I'd look at.

5. Cabinover101

Jul 28, 2019
    Oh yeah, did lots of pack and loads!... Definitely done the shuttle thing!
    That was one of my biggest beefs was the shady or less than desirable labor. However there were some really good ones!

6. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014
    Glad you are back here on TTR. I enjoyed your posts along with @freightwipper at Schneider forum.

Bedbuggin Thanks this.
  7. Bedbuggin

Bedbuggin Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2019
    Loaded 6k today. Although I think it was more than that. I’m beat. I’ve got to load 14k tomorrow and 3k Saturday and then I’m heading to Florida...thank god. My blood is way to thin for this cold. Maybe I just need to get used to it again.

So the truck I am leasing from my agent is a 2007 international 9400. Rebuilt Cummins pretty clean truck considering the age. Runs strong, but one very big negative that I hate a little more each day...it has a AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION. And I’m pretty sure it’s out to get me. Randomly at stop lights, or a toll lane going through Chicago the transmission does this clicking noise and doesn’t leave 2nd gear...even worse, the light on the gear box flashes “service” and I literally can’t move the truck. Won’t go into reverse, drive....nothing I can hit the gas in neutral and it won’t even rev up the motor. I have to shut the truck off let it sit for about 30-45 seconds start it up and off we go. I’m crossing my fingers I can make it back to Florida to have my mechanic look at it but has anyone heard of this? I’m hoping it’s nothing serious. I like the truck, it’s not a KW 680 but it also doesn’t come with those payments lol. I’m strictly leasing it anyway. I think after I put some cash away I’ll be looking at different options

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. Bedbuggin

Bedbuggin Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2019
    where is @freightwipper ? Haven’t seen him over on the SNI forums for a long time.

9. mover man

Feb 21, 2010
    What van line and agent are you pulling for? If it's not to personal, what is payment and terms on your lease truck. Is it lease only or lease purchase? 2ho pays for maint, plates, 2290, fuel tax etc??

Cabinover101 Thanks this.
  10. Cabinover101

Jul 28, 2019
    First thing I would have them check is the transmission fluid level.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. Cabinover101

Jul 28, 2019
    By the way, DON'T ever shut the truck off in reverse!! You'll probably be calling a wrecker! :) ask me how I know. Those transmissions need air pressure and electric power to shift normally. So, if you have air leaks get them fixed, and make sure your battery connections are good and clean and that the "TCU" is getting power. TCU= Transmission Control unit or module

x1Heavy and Bedbuggin Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.