Back with a new adventure

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Bedbuggin, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014
    Some time ago @CaptainDaveG was looking for his whereabouts. Even went to his mom's house in Florida, but no success. I think they (Captain and Freight) only talked each other by e-mail.

Bedbuggin and dwells40 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cabinover101

Cabinover101 Heavy Load Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Also another thing about that, when you first start out and It won't go past 2nd, get to a complete stop, MAKE SURE the transmission is in neutral. Shut the truck off, wait a few seconds then turn the key back on, hear all the clicking then restart the truck and get the air pressure back to 120 then shift it into gear. Most times that will reset it, temporarily at least.

Bedbuggin Thanks this.
  4. Bedbuggin

Bedbuggin Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2019
    When it’s in drive and I come to a stop the lowest gear it goes to is 2. The problem starts when I stop it’s like it has trouble going into 2 and just freezes. While it’s trying to get into gear (2) it makes a clicking noise. If the service light flashes I have to turn the truck off, wait and then it’s fine. Other times it goes to 2nd gear no problem...I’m on my way back to FL to have my mechanic look at it so hopefully it’s an easy fix! Thanks for your advice

I loaded the 14k today and that’s All she wrote. Nothing else will fit :( I was supposed to pick up 4K tomorrow, so that kinda sucks. Hopefully I can get down there and off loaded quickly to get another run in before the pay period is up.

for those who aren’t familiar with household you have to hire cash labor for every job, for the most part the guys are good, but if you have a big job and 2 rookies that have been doing this a couple months that big job turns into a giant nightmare. Help is a huge make or break. Luckily the 2 guys I had today were absolutely awesome. They pretty much padded and loaded the entire 14k as I was doing inventory. I stepped in and helped as much as I could. making sure everything is tagged and on paperwork is a job in itself. I just like the physical work, I’d rather load the truck then do paperwork, but anyways, help today was great. I’m loaded and going to be heading south in the morning. Keeping my fingers crossed this #### transmission gets me there with no problems!

Cabinover101 and dwells40 Thank this.
  5. Bedbuggin

Bedbuggin Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2019
    United Van lines and the agent I pull for is small and located in central Florida. I was about to go with a big agent but I heard way too many things that made my decision Easy to come aboard where I’m at now.

the truck is strictly a lease, I was told if I’d like to get into a purchase they can make it happen and I can pretty much choose what truck I’d like to purchase. I honestly like the truck I’m in, the one huge thing I dislike is the automatic transmission. So maybe when I’m ready for a purchase I’ll look into something 07 and older.
    My payments on the truck are 335.00 a week for 1 year, if I chose to purchase this particular truck it would be paid off in 1 year. I pay the maintenance for any repairs under 1k. They pay for anything over

Cabinover101 and dwells40 Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    typical trucking, on a wing and a prayer with a dollar in your pocket.

Hope you make it south.

Cabinover101 Thanks this.
  7. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    I freight went to big g if I am not mistaken,

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  8. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014
    Big G Express?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.