Back with the orange.

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Poonok, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    But can not quote the number of drivers who are sleep deprived due to inadequate parking and ergonomically designed sleeping quarters in trucks that are inadequate to support a full nights sleep. Once again, it's the drivers fault.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Anybody remember when Schneider cut off the idle between 30 and 70 without first checking that the bunk heater worked?
    I do.

TennMan, Aamcotrans and gentleroger Thank this.
  4. ttypewe4jim

ttypewe4jim Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Remember though trucking is not the only field that requires them to be done quite a few law enforcement agencies are starting to force it even if you pass your yearly physical and physical agility test. I have even seen recently were more and more ems departments are also requiring it. Even at the refinery were I currently work all the operators are subject to being forced to have the test done no differently then truckers.

5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Okay. But are they ordering it for all employees or just those that meet certain requirements? Can the employee set it up through their own doctor or are they forced to use the company provider? Can the doctor prescribe a different treatment than CPAP?

TennMan and Opus Thank this.
  6. ttypewe4jim

ttypewe4jim Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Forced by company doctor, your primary has zero roll in the say for the most part. They order it be requirements, your forced to go to the doctor they provide. Not sure on prescribing different treatment then a cpap but I did have my old companies provided doctor try and order a pressure change on my existing CPAP setup which ended up being a huge ordeal for me to get changed.

7. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I thought President Trump signed an EO doing away with the sleep apnea thing required by the fed.

So is this a company requirement now?

8. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I don't think it was an EO, I think he just stopped the proposal of the rule during its commenting period, thus leaving the status quo - company by company.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  9. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Has been for a while. Since I've been there. If you were a fatty, your went to the doc.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    17" neck you're going.

Opus Thanks this.
  11. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    first though, is the examiner basing the recommendation for study off the entire symptom differential or primarily off the weight based ones.

if the latter its discriminatory and borders on malpractice

mattymatt, TennMan and gentleroger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.