Background Check

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by BigPappa, Jan 30, 2007.

1. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    i bet your chances go up. but they may want to know DETAILED info on the charge. as to make some sort of character judgement.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    YOU would have a better chance then with a Felony!

But, still some companies look upon those as unfavorable depending on the situation.

I do however wish you GOOD luck and hope you can work this out, and all goes your way.

4. BigPappa

BigPappa Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Keller, TX
    What if I go straight to owner/operator? I should be fine then right? I know its harder work for the same money but at least I can still drive a truck and make decent money even I get the felony conviction.

5. bigdaddyo

bigdaddyo Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2006
    You say ya'll gone strait, but the folks here ain't gonna cut ya no breaks. Just wait fer mr pro to tell ya once yer a thief yer always a thief. Get on with who will take ya, learn the ropes, save all yer dough and git yer own rig soon as ya can. O/O is the only way, these co gigs will suck yer soul out. Ya'll be gratefull fer no qualcom watchin were ya stop to pee.

6. panhandlepat

Jan 12, 2007
    don't put everyone in that category , buddy! attitude is EVERYTHING and yours has been poor from the get-go!!

he might just say that, that is but one man's opinion (which he is allowed to have)
    i would think Co. hiring criteria is the same for O/O or not

7. BigPappa

Jan 29, 2007
    Keller, TX
    This is probably redundant but I want to make sure that I understand everything before I make some critical decisions. So even if I have my own truck, I am still bound by the same criteria as a company driver? I think I am going to talk to my uncle about getting a job with his company in NJ.

8. panhandlepat

Jan 12, 2007
    I DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE. but i would bet you might be.
    just ask people, be HONEST with them, it is the only way you won't be wondering in the back of your head if you are going to be let go for it after hire. (see my thread on out of state ticket)

9. BigPappa

Jan 29, 2007
    Keller, TX
    I can't send any PMs because my posting has not reached to 20 yet. I do have a response for you lookup but I don't want to post it to the general public. Is there any other way I can respond to the PM?

10. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    misdemeanor would sure help. As for O/O don't assume it's more work for same money. You can make more money but you have to be able to work on that truck yourself and not take it to the shop. Do you know how much the hourly rate at a diesel shop is??
    However becoming an o/o may not be a great idea for someone with no exp in the industry. You don;t even know if you like it yet

11. kc0rey

kc0rey Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Macomb, IL
    Plus you would have to find a company to lease too and they will have policies concerning criminal convictions.

The other course of action would be to get you own authority, buy a trailer and truck and base plates, pay all fees and Permits. Broker all of your own loads etc.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.