Background check

Discussion in 'CRST' started by collector714, Oct 1, 2013.

1. collector714

collector714 Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2013
    SW..FL
    Hello all
    I just put in my app. to go to CRST. my question is do they do the background check for job history ect.. before you get to the school or after at orientation. One would think all of this would be done before they pay to get you out to the school, but I read on here somewhere that they didn't check until you start orientation. any information would be appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CaliforniaxCowboy

CaliforniaxCowboy Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2013
    CRST often sends people to school and then cuts them loose at orientation due to background checks, employment verification, etc. They do this because you're already on the hook for the 5 grand they fronted you for school, and sooner or later they know they'll get it back, whether you work for them or not. It's best to make sure you've got all your ducks in a row before you even agree to school. Have your recruiter gather and verify as much information as possible before they send you for training, and disclose any and every thing of even the slightest bit of importance...

collector714 Thanks this.
  4. collector714

collector714 Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2013
    SW..FL
    Do you know the process that they use for job verification. Do they just call and only once because I think when my employer finds out that I quit he will be pissed, but the secretary will handle the first call. I am still employed with them for now.

5. BrenYoda883

BrenYoda883 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    All they are going to check with your employers on is if you in fact worked there when you said you did.. they are not calling to verify what kind of an employee you were..
    When you apply on line you are just accepted in to the pool.. when you get to orientation you fill out essentially anothe application, and the consents to run your MVR, background check and to verify your employment..

And it is true that you can go through orientation school and then be sent home.. and as stated above You then owe them for the school..

Here is food for thought.. with the job you have now.. as with many jobs.. it costs an employer to hire someone..
    With the trucking industry, and the CDL classes.. they can actually make money on hiring people....because, you really aren't hired until after training... And you have already made money for them delis ring loads and you owe for the school as well...

With your current job, it cost the employer to hire you, and so it is not cost effective to just fire you 3 weeks later because of something in your background...

6. BrenYoda883

BrenYoda883 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I think it is important to understand that being accepted to go through the school and training doesn't mean you have a job with the company yet.. all of the CDL training companies have it outlined that you go to school, if you pass that,, you get assigned a trainer and go through weeks of training.. after training, you are tested and then if you pass you will be assigned a truck and have a job..

While it is true, you get paid while you safe being trained.. you are not guaranteed a truck or job.. cause again, it will depend on what your trainer says and if you pass the test...

Also.. if you go through a CDL training company.. you really need to stick it out for a very minimum of 3 months... But you will owe for school..it will have a chance to get hired at another company.. but, you really want to stick it out for a year or more so you can get on with a better company and your school would be already paid for..

7. Bigmanchumbo

Bigmanchumbo Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Susquehanna, Pa
    hi how are you just trying to get post count up

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.