Backing C.R. england

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by crazybread, Apr 1, 2020.

1. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Generally if they kept you long enough to get a trainer, they would keep you. Everything was repitition. The cable spools was achievable. Just needed practice.

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    I had a guy i was training who said he had been driving 20 plus years get in my truck. He was used to otr sleeper with 53 ft van. I had him go to the first farm on the load. He couldn't back my day cab with tanker into that farm driveway if his life depended on it. He tried 6 or 7 times. Guess he just wasn't used to backing a day cab and tanker combination. I can backup a sleeper or a day cab but find a day cab much easier. I didn't understand what made it so difficult on a fairly easy driveway

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I can do better than that.

Have a log splitter about 5 ton. That works out to 6 feet of trailer on a el camino.

Try backing that. HA...

Socool4real Thanks this.
  5. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Get more training, but ultimately it will be up to you to practice a lot once you're on your own. Many drivers have trouble at times backing even after many years of experience. Last week it took me almost 15 minutes to back into the last available reserved spot at a Pilot. It was a narrow set up and a truck was sticking out in the isle in front of me, so I had limited room to cut it. I have trouble at the end of the day when my body (and neck) is stiff and it's dark so I can't see the lines as well. Thinking about putting ground lights on the back and sides of my trailer so I can see better at night for backing.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.