Bad DEF quality or ?

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by mhyn, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Two wolfs

Two wolfs Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2018
    I have the same problem going on for 7 months, change one box, def metering unit, new def filter , def header, nox inlet and outlet sensor, every single sensor that has something to do with the def and I still have the same problem def qualitycode ... please help if you have any info? All repairs done in premier truck group Freightliner dealership ..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 4vmach1

4vmach1 Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Have they checked the pressure limited unit (PLU)? This is mounted behind the transmission on top of the frame. It has a air line going to the inlet and air line going from the outlet to the meter unit. At times this PLU leaks air externally from the housing and if can be tested using Diagnostic Link or gets plugged/kinked, or simply doesn't put enough air pressure into the meter unit and you will get a DEF quality fault code. Did the dealer by any chance check to see if the aftertreatment control module (ACM) has the latest software? If your 1-BOX has been replaced another common missed error is checking the DEF dosing nozzle mounted on the 1-BOX... the tip can get crystallized or have a minor internal blockage from DEF (not the most common issue though)

mhyn and QUALITYTRUCK Thank this.
  4. Mombear

Mombear Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2018
    Got international have a bout 3/4 tank of def but the truck say I have none it has derate all the way to stop engine but I have def in my truck what could be the issue how bad will it hurt my truck if I kept running it bc it getting def

5. 4vmach1

4vmach1 Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    International is a different animal. Maybe your DEF tank level sensor needs to be replaced.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.