Bad move !!!

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by bigtime5630, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Either that or attempt to cause a blunt object to occupy the same space as their head. On second thought, it would probably better to just sue them for whatever you think you would have made over the course of the next several years had you not been unknowingly drugged plus whatever punitive damages you think you can squeeze out of them so that they understand the consequences of mixing drugs into people's food without telling them, because the other method of recourse will see you sitting in a court room too....except you'll be in the defendant's chair. In some states, tampering with food or beverages is illegal...which means they can be criminally prosecuted as well. North Carolina it is a Class F felony.

http://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/BySection/Chapter_14/GS_14-401.11.html

I don't mind going to parties, but I drink my own individually & commercially packaged (NEVER a "home brew" or a concoction mixed up by either the host or another party-goer) beverages and if I set it down or let it out of my sight for ANY reason, I get a new one. Unfortunately, very few parties get going early enough for me to attend...by the time it gets to be 7 or 8:00, I'm about ready to start winding down and make my way to bed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    I call BS. Single use by a non-habitual drug user will not test above the minimum threshold within 24 hours after use. OP simply didn't wait long enough after quitting, or didn't quit and tried to defeat the test by using Certo or some other substance.

4. RAGE 18

RAGE 18 Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2011
    GOLD£N☆STAT£
    And this is why weed should be decrimenalized no need for the gov regs to stop u from making a living and become of the dependent class. Pisses me off.

Boardhauler and Cowpie1 Thank this.
  5. Boardhauler

Boardhauler Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Ballin' in it for Shakey
    I don't think you should have thrown a poz a week after a one time useage. I had something very similar happen a few years ago & did not test dirty. I enjoyed the buzz way to much to complain to my friends who gave me the xmas candy.

RAGE 18 Thanks this.
  6. Pedigreed Bulldog

May 7, 2011
    Decriminalizing weed won't change the fact that it is an intoxicating drug and should not be used while driving. Even if it is decriminalized, you will STILL be subject to testing for its use, and you will STILL be parked if you test positive. For example, consuming alcohol is not a crime...but if you test positive for alcohol use while operating a CMV, you're done.

TRKRSHONEY and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  7. Boardhauler

Boardhauler Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Ballin' in it for Shakey
    Big difference is you can lose your license for using pot when you're not driving. Why should someones life be ruined because they took a toke while they were home for a week, but never came close to driving while under the influence?

Cowpie1 Thanks this.
  8. Pedigreed Bulldog

May 7, 2011
    Which regulation is it that strips you of your license for having ANY drug in your system when you AREN'T driving? You don't lose your license unless you were driving...and even then, only if the police require the test (i.e. post crash) and you are positive. The worst thing a company can do to you for failing a drug test is fire you. They cannot take away your CDL because it isn't theirs to take.

9. flyingmusician

flyingmusician Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    Agree with windsmith its most likely bs....Been there done that in my not so upstanding youth and know the ins and outs of testing thresholds void times and processes and one time use by a non-user just isn't even going to move the needle lol

So much easier just to grow up and put all that #### away. nothing like peace of mind of knowing you don't have to worry about it anymore. The wallet is a whole lot fatter too when you aren't wasting your money on that ####

Having said all that, as stated earlier he could try Carolina cargo. They'll hire #### near anyone.

TRKRSHONEY Thanks this.
  10. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Why? Because there's no way to test for intoxication level, therefore there is a zero tolerance policy. If you can't live your life without the occasional toke, then find another way to make a living that doesn't involve performing safety sensitive functions.

TRKRSHONEY and ShootThis Thank this.
  11. TRKRSHONEY

TRKRSHONEY Heavy Load Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Might want to check this site http://www.marijuana.com/news/drug-test/detection-time/, besides, he states the test was a week after ingestion.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.