Bad Speeding Ticket :(

Discussion in 'FFE Lisa American Eagle' started by Paintedblack, Mar 1, 2013.

1. rodknocker

rodknocker Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Southeast
    I'm sure it was a speeding charge. My last ticket here in Georgia was a 51 in a 35. (about 4 months ago) Anyhow, I don't think I was close to that number. I was thinking it was going to be another seatbelt ticket. I showed up on my court date and off my record again for the umpteenth time.
    They said things don't start getting serious until it's 19 over. I remember years ago 15 over was serious. (might still be but a study was done where it said the safest drivers were the ones going 10-15mph over in the hammer lane) As a matter of fact, a law is about to go into effect in Georgia for not going at least the speed limit in the passing lane. 65 mph trucks and cars not going 70 in a 70 are to stay in the granny lane and get that ½ cent fuel bonus.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. superpet39

superpet39 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Bay Area California
    didnt you get a copy of the ticket when it was issued to you, it says it right on there

4. Raiderfanatic

Raiderfanatic Heavy Load Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Hutchinson, KS
    I've always understood it as the insurance company won't allow anyone to hire you with a ticket where you are nabbed for 15+ over the speed limit. It's not the decision of the trucking company.....it's whoever they are insured by. I think we are insured by Greatwide and they will not insure a driver with a ticket like that.

5. superpet39

superpet39 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Bay Area California
    yeah..... but then i started thinking ... the OP said he applied at Prime- arent they self insured? ( i thought all the big megas were)

6. tw1005tx

tw1005tx Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2011
    If they started giving tickets for speed on off ramps we would all be in trouble, and some county roads.

7. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Nope... we carry commercial insurance. But they're pretty strict when it comes to tickets that would be "majors" in a commercial vehicle.

8. rodknocker

rodknocker Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Southeast
    Yep, even the thick Mr Magoo eye glassed, porky pine hair cut, freckle faced driver wearing the orange jacket with a dot certified reflective stuff on it with a first name like Quinton or Eugene would be in trouble.

9. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    I recall someone griping about a Kentucky (?) state cop providing him with a little official paper describing his off-ramp speed as, a, ahem... "excessive."

10. cadillacdude1975

cadillacdude1975 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    and who do you think is responsible for the trucks being set at 62, 63 etc? they claim its fuel mileage. ########. the insurance companies are giving huge breaks on insurance premiums to the companies to set the speed so low. restricted truck = no speeding ticket on the interstates. that adds up to far more than some puny fuel savings we all know the trucks dont get when set so low.

no speeding = no getting pulled over = a greatly reduced amount of roadside inspections = no tickets = no fine.

is it making sense now?

11. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    That's an additional benefit, but somewhere above $3 per gallon, most carriers find their number one controllable expense becomes fuel - not employee payroll. The reason trucks started being limited in the '08 - '09 timeframe is simply the cost of fuel.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.