bad swift mentor BEWARE

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by butterfli73, Jun 17, 2010.

1. whydontchahey

whydontchahey Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2007
    Ohio
    If u wanna shower everyday. I would suggest truck driving might not be for you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest

nope not us. we're company drivers. I enjoy not having the responsibility of truck repair. LOL However..........I really miss not having a dog. *sighs*

4. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest

So glad to hear things are okay. :biggrin_25525:

5. Okieron

Okieron Crusty Okie

Dec 23, 2009
    muskogee, ok
    you can take a shower everyday and drive over the road! you just have to plan for it.

6. stonecold_2136

stonecold_2136 Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Lansing, Michigan
    I had the attitude as u when I first started. Plan on a shower every other day and keep baby wipes with u, also keep a big slam mt dew bottle in your truck.

7. DC CAB

DC CAB Medium Load Member

EXACTLY!!

If you can't get a shower daily, then you have no self-esteem.

8. gigglesca

gigglesca Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Californina City, CA
    My husband just got off his Swift mentor's truck, and is waiting for another mentor (same type of problems described throughout this blog). After reading here, I told him that Jimmy Upshaw was recomended by someone. He checked into it, and that mentor currently has a student and another one waiting (someone already took the advise posted here). Does anyone know of a good Swift mentor to request, or is there a better place to ask about this. There is very little information when doing a general google search. My husband has driven for just over 3 weeks, and the mentor was just too abusive. Any help would be great.

9. butterfli73

butterfli73 Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Sorry to hear that maybe this mentor that was too abusive sounds like the same one my husband went through. Not sure my husband's old mentor is under investigation. your husband needs to report him as well. Like everyone else has advised my husband to do and he did. I would recommend taking advise from some of them on my blog. They r great. REPORT, REPORT, REPORT on this mentor.

10. butterfli73

butterfli73 Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Hi everyone,
    Sorry it has been awhile. hubby on the road again since Saturday. Going good I guess so far. But this time he took our oldest son with him. They were in Washington. Last I heard they were driving through Oregan. Heading to Salt lake City.

cookie278 and gdyupgal Thank this.
  11. sally

sally Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Hi there! He needs to go over the DM's head and go to the Fleet Manager and tell him whats going on. It's called chain of command.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.