Bailout and payroll

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by ncdriver1, Mar 26, 2020.

1. petrolK9

petrolK9 Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2019
    A tax accountant in a video I watched said it was first come first serve but he didn't say how he knew.

I was thinking like you. I suspect business owners with employees will be more likely to get it and probably rightfully so.

Oh well, but you know we all have our situations. I had already paid and filed my taxes before this all happened. I could use some of that now so I don't benefit from the deadline extension. Most of us pay quarterly but I had an additional chunk I paid just before the virus hit.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    A financial guy on the radio was saying the helicopter money, $1200 single, $2400 married, plus $500 for each kid, won't even start showing up until the end of April.

The States don't even have a clear directive yet on how to add the extra $600 plus, or how to pay self-employed folks who haven't paid into the system.

It's going to be awhile it appears. Which could be tough for some folks who were laid off awhile back. Seeing that a good percentage of ppl don't even have 2 weeks of living expenses in the bank.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  4. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Once peoples credit cards are maxed out, #### is gonna get real.

5. Swift09

Swift09 Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2019
    Hence the run on toilet paper. New world currency.

tommymonza, Opendeckin and Cat sdp Thank this.
  6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Electronic deposit could see end of april.

Those of us getting checks have 20 weeks wait time.

I would be surprised to see ANY part of the bill happen before May.

Congress won't be back till 20th.

Scooter Jones Thanks this.
  7. amberfeldt

amberfeldt Light Load Member

May 20, 2019
    Minnesota
    It is not like the government did not know this was coming,they seen the results across the pond.
    The could have prepared for this alot better.If a Broker,In comiforina knew about it by looking at fright coming in an not getting unloaded an kicked back to china,well there's something to say, an with all the so called intelligents they have planted all over the world, they knew an should have been prepared.to help out us tax payer right away.Oh an if you think this really started cuz some clown #### in china eat some bat,your cra cra IMO.think about what they all eat. they eat a lot of different stuff, an i am sure they been feasting on Bat for centuries.

8. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    I have been Living pretty cheap the last 9 months while I'm not working,usually use the credit card for rewards than payoff end of month.

Train of thought since this Corona took hold is carry my balance on my low or no interest cards. Its worth it to me right now to have the peace of mind to know I have years of cash reserve.

9. TTNJ

TTNJ Heavy Load Member

Nov 21, 2017
    Cash is always king!

tommymonza Thanks this.
  10. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Except 2.5 trillion dollars of wealth Evaporated in the last 2 weeks , and another Trillion to 2 trillion could join it before the economy gets rolling.

Unless you are sitting on Gold or cash or toilet paper , your investments have been negativily affected by this virus .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.