Bailout and payroll

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by ncdriver1, Mar 26, 2020.

1. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    The dollar is still holding very strong. It is thee world currency now that oil is tanked.

The Euro , the Swiss Franc, and the Pound will take a beating from the Dollar if we can halfway maintain our economy.

We are essentially self sufficient .i would gladly pay $. 60 a barrel for oil if it keeps our guys working in the fields and feeds our Economy.

BoxCarKidd, Lite bug and Brettj3876 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I didn't read the link but I haven't heard anything on various news about it being february to June.

4. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    No worries, our great, great, great, grankids will pay for all of this. In the meantime lets party!

5. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    The way its written in the Senate bill is that it will be SBA backed loans from banks that get converted into grants for the amount of the loan that qualifies (payroll, mortgage, utilities etc). Interest rate capped at 4%, no origination fees, and deferred payments for 6 months. No personal guarantee or collateral needed.

So basically you go to your bank/credit union and apply for the loan and certify its for the CARES Act. This wont be available yet as the bill is still currently winding its way through congress. I don't see dems/repubs changing the provisions for small business significantly so it will most likely remain as its currently written. As soon as it passes im making an appointment with my bank to get the loan app started. They do my payroll for me anyways so it should be pretty simple.

SEC. 1106. LOAN FORGIVENESS. 10(a) DEFINITIONS.—In this section— 11(1) the term ‘‘covered loan’’ means a loan guaranteed under paragraph (36) of section 7(a) of the Small Business Act (15 U.S.C. 636(a)), as added by section 1102;

(b) FORGIVENESS.—An eligible recipient shall be eligible for forgiveness of indebtedness on a covered loan in an amount equal to the sum of the following costs incurred and payments made during the covered period: (1) Payroll costs. (2) Any payment of interest on any covered mortgage obligation (which shall not include any prepayment of or payment of principal on a covered mortgage obligation). (3) Any payment on any covered rent obligation. (4) Any covered utility payment.
    (1) IN GENERAL.—Amounts which have been forgiven under this section shall be considered canceled indebtedness by a lender authorized under section 7(a) of the Small Business Act (15 U.S.C. 19636(a)).

THIS IS A HANDOUT TO US, THE SMALL BUSINESSES

page 10 lines 1 through 3

(iii) the term ‘covered period’ means the period beginning on February 15, 2020 and ending on June 30, 2020;

snowwy and rachi Thank this.
  6. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    This is for businesses to pay for payroll, mortgage, rent, utilities etc. It's basically meant to keep business from laying off workers since it covers the payroll costs which are usually the biggest expense.

Lite bug Thanks this.
  7. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    So let’s see ... No truck payment, no mortgage and no employees......

So how does this help me.....?

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  8. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    You'll get $1200. If your married you get $2400, kids are $500 each.

9. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Unless you/your business showed 100k profit in 2018. In 2018 trucking was the best it’s probably ever been. So, bummer for a lot of people.

Big_D409, rachi and Cat sdp Thank this.
  10. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Yeah, I was referring to the "poor" company drivers.

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  11. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    I'm not smart enough to figure any of this out. They will be writing books 50 years from now about the corruption and fraud that happens when you throw two trillion up for grabs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.