Baltimore oversize routing.....

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by nikmirbre, Aug 13, 2018.

1. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    Unfortunately that's about the best idea. You'll hit a little traffic and go a little further but avoid downtown. It was hard enough in a 130k crane with rear steer! You didn't by chance pick up at Coastal Crane did you?

x1Heavy and nikmirbre Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    No a place called Pritchard Brown....

x1Heavy and BigBob410 Thank this.
  4. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Unfortunately Baltimore city and Maryland said screw you this is the way you’re going..... they won’t revise the permit. So I had to reorder.

I blame the permit company I used. When doing routing I was told up to 90ft long, 150k, and I don’t remember the width, were allowed through the tunnel. Which is why I asked for the south route.

Razororange and BigBob410 Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The Fort McHenry Tunnel is a set of tubes built into a web frame of steel skeleton around it like a honeycomb every 60 feet or so roughly. Boxed up, barged to spot and sunk, then drained, welded into place and tiled, paved etc. When you pass through in that tunnel tube you probably are traveling through a web of steel frame filled with water and secured by large boulders against the sea. 150K is a serious amount of weight. Most of it or all of it is sunk into the bed at the bottom of the water to allow ships to pass over.

I don't know what Md2 looks like today, but in my time it's horrendous. Glen Bernie comes to mind.

I do hope that you get the route you like. Or one that does well.

nikmirbre Thanks this.
  6. BigBob410

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    So how'd you make out? Your not still in Baltimore are ya'?! Lol

nikmirbre and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    He's probably trying to squeak past City Hall somewhere downtown looking to get on Monument. LOLZ.

I hate to be teasing. I am also very interested in knowing how this trip is going.

nikmirbre and BigBob410 Thank this.
  8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Monument leaves I-83 Falls Road past the Twisties and runs East past Johns Hopkins Hospital (Quiet, no horn, no engine brake etc) and follows along say US 40 Orleans across the city.

US 40 eventually works NE out to Erdman Ave at the City Line and then past the 695-95 spaghetti out towards Aberdeen.

City hall isnt too much further south on 83 where it ends next to it near the Block.

One final thought. I would not use 40 downtown in the core. If I remember right, there was or used to be a viaduct system that it might be built on in some point down that way. I don't know if you can put 150K against it. It's mostly wrought iron and riveted technology from about 100 years ago.

nikmirbre Thanks this.
  9. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Actually I ordered the permit yesterday morning and get emailed to me yesterday afternoon....

Loaded this morning and took 95 n to 695 around the west side.... sitting in Chantilly VA waiting to deliver..... tomorrow

MACK E-6, BigBob410 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    YAY!

You took 95 straight down then off 695? Possibly across the WW?

One more question, how did you like that Catonsville downgrade prior to 95? Below 70?

nikmirbre Thanks this.
  11. BigBob410

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    Good deal!! Figured that would be the easiest way around for you. Thru town with a permit is doable but a royal pain!!

MACK E-6 and nikmirbre Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.