Bankrupt - Eleets Transportation

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by windsmith, Nov 12, 2012.

1. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    There _is_ more that you can do.

You need to be going up the management food chain. HR is either too clueless to do any more than what they've been told, or they're too lazy to care about the caliber of drivers that they're hiring. The fact that a driver previously worked for a company that is now out of business and not responding to verification requests has nothing to do with their integrity or the quality of their work. Be a strong advocate for your candidates. Sell your candidates to the hiring manager (not just HR), and also educate the hiring manager on the DOT rules and regulations regarding what constitutes acceptable employment verification. It's possible that the hiring manager is simply relying on the clueless and / or lazy HR manager to interpret the regulations.

And yes, being an 'outside' recruiter does have a bit to do with it. You're not in fear of losing your job for going over someone's head within the company, so you have an advantage there. Let their management know that you have the best candidates, and the company can hire them and be in compliance despite not being able to get verification of employment from one company.

The fact that this company is looking to a contract recruiter to help fill driving positions tells me that they're having problems attracting qualified candidates. Let them know that may be partially because their qualification criteria are too strict.

Yes I'm being blunt, and I'm not apologizing. You have a duty to these candidates to get them placed. There is more that you could be doing for them. Can you get them to revise company policy? Maybe, maybe not. But you could certainly give it a try.

I have no doubt that you're good at what you do. It might be helpful to think outside the box with this particular company.

Lady_T Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lady_T

Lady_T Bobtail Member

May 23, 2012
    Port Richey, Fl
    I do appreciate everything you are telling me to do and I will take your suggestion. I am a former driver of 17 years and I take my job seriously, not just for the money, because I have gotten drivers hired with companies that I don't even recruit for. This is the first time I have come up with this issue and will continue to do what I can to get this driver hired if it with this company or another. I have 49 other companies that I recruit for, but this company out of all of them have the hiring area and driving areas he is looking for. He needs to stay close to home because of his wife being ill and I respect him for that. Thank you for your help in this matter and I will continue to do what I have been doing well. Over the head i go!

windsmith Thanks this.
  4. windsmith

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Definitely take the 'you might not realize this, but...' approach. Let management know that they may be passing on the best drivers because they're not aware that they can hire them and still be compliant.

Lady_T and bullhaulerswife Thank this.
  5. afterburn25

afterburn25 Medium Load Member

Jul 7, 2012
    Lafayette, LA
    ok well i just got a settlement offer from eleets they owed me $3800 im being offered a settlement of $24 if i promise i never go after them and that it satisfies the debt i laughed and threw it away

6. windsmith

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Add 2 zeros to that and call it even :)

7. afterburn25

afterburn25 Medium Load Member

Jul 7, 2012
    Lafayette, LA
    My thought exactly ill accept 2400 at least to break even but dont insult me with a $24 offer

8. Ghostcrawler

Ghostcrawler Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Atlanta Ga
    Well how about that.I worked as a contractor for the Eleets Transportation in Fairburn Ga and they try to steal your money.I am sick and tired of companies like this one big waste of time.This is what the government needs to regulate.:biggrin_25523:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.