Banned by TQL brokers

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by cominghomesc, Jul 18, 2012.

1. BoyWander

BoyWander Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Michigan
    Like I said in I think another thread, brokers are more attuned to market values in different parts of the country than the average trucker/carrier. The more you know market values, the more you can get away with. I'm thinking that quoting a broker a rate of $2.50/mile for a load out of Texas, and you will be laughed at - but in another part of the country, that would work just fine. If you know how much you can get, then you're in a better position to negotiate - but if you don't, the broker will know, and they will rape your wallet, and most let them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mr. PlumCrazy

Mr. PlumCrazy Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Lexington NC
    I dont call TQL I let them call me. They know what my rates are before they call so when they call they are more than willing to pay them. There is only about 3 agents there I work with

4. KG-TQLSupport

KG-TQLSupport Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Thank you to everyone commenting on this thread. You are bringing up a number of important points about the broker/carrier relationship. We take our carrier relationships very seriously. TQL brokers should never do business in a manner that is dishonest or rude and we will investigate every instance if you give us the opportunity. To “cominghomesc,” we do not know why our agent made this comment to you. If you call our 800# and ask for Carrier Services, we can gather the necessary information to investigate this matter thoroughly. We want to communicate this same message to everyone else on this forum. Integrity and honesty is of utmost importance to our company and has been since our founding. We sincerely apologize if this has not been your experience with our company. We have a lot of quality, hard-working men and women here. We welcome the opportunity to remedy any poor experience you may have had in the past.

5. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    You must have found this discussion in a random google search. I'll give you credit for stepping up.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2012
    bzinger Thanks this.
  6. cominghomesc

cominghomesc Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2010
    sc

I did call when it happened and have not heard anything back. I suppose that big investigation is still going on.

I have a question for you then how come TQL will post the same load in a bunch of different towns going to different towns even though it is just one load. Example Actual load loading in Atlanta, GA going to Charlotte, NC, not only will you post Atlanta, GA to Charlotte, NC but you will post the same load coming out of say Norcross, Stone Mountain, Alpharetta, Rome, Peachtree City going to Charlotte, Lavoina, Stallings, Fort Mill, SC, Gaffney, SC etc etc.

I believe TQL has its place in the transportation world and I will continue to work with you I just know what I am getting into before hand. This is the way you have always done business and I really do not expect that to change so you must go into it with open eyes.

7. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    Your company is notorious for being shady as it's business model, therefore trying to refute that with this blurb is laughable at best. TQL actually makes CH Robinson look good as they may be cheap, but they are reliable. When every trucking company here that has done business with your company makes it a point to not believe any "fact" in your load postings including what state or country the load is picking up or delivering in, you have a terrible business model and are shady.

BretStep, rollin coal, ennis and 2 others Thank this.
  8. MB_Guru

MB_Guru Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2011
    USA
    Thats why they are big because they can do this to you, They must have known some one in the industory. They have fraudulantly taken money from a lot of people including myself. The reason why they are continuingly doing it because all carriers are selfish and stupid. Their example is like the guy who says " They went after the Chistians, I did not do anything because I was Christian. Then they went after the Jewes, I did not do anything because I was not a Jewes. Then they went after the Muslims, I did not do anything because I was not a Muslim. Then They went after me, and ran for help , but there was no one left to help me.
    So because the carrier has all the responsibility and burden to do the job and every one else in this industory makes money off of their swet. So the blood sucking type people who become brokers and learn how to manipulate simple people they become money hungry like a guy who gets hooked on drugs. So will beat you down till they suck last drop of blood out of you. The only way to survive for dummer people like truckes and owner operatores to stick together. If one O/O complains about a broker every one should jump on his case and make him hault completely till the matter is resolved. I have been F### by Allen Lund Company and went and told every one but no use. The US Bond C/O TIA Dave Carney told me something like, go back to them and begg for your money (apparently they ment that I was a trash and low life so go F yourself) Went to NJ court same thing was told by the judge on a undefensible case with BOL, copies of email, lumper receipt, computer print outs from shipper and receivers, Allen Lunds load listing in the state of NJ, in and out, were provided to prove the interest of the Allen Lund Company in freight market in NJ. But some how the decision was that the judge could not make a decision on the case. Freight was hauled from GA to MA with contract rate showing at $2.55 / mile and spot market rate at $3000. Because of the behind the seen phone problem I had no choice but to book this trashy load for $2150. To top every thing else they held my truck on both ends 5hours at pick up and 7 hours at delivery. Also they played fuel advance off and did not pay. But we have not reveived any appology from the Allen Lund Company or behind the seen group who blocks my phone calls. And there is no help from any of the organizations like OOIDA or any other group.
    Like I said earlier learn from that example of when they went after me I ran for help but no one left to help me. You might be in my position tomorrow.

9. KG-TQLSupport

KG-TQLSupport Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I apologize for that. That is not acceptable. Please private message me with your PO# from that incident and I will personally follow up with Carrier Services to see how the inquiry is progressing. We will do everything we can to ensure specific incidents such as this one are handled appropriately. I am listening to all of your comments and concerns. The intent with multiple postings is never to mislead you, but rather identify nearby drivers who may be within a workable radius for us to pay to haul the load. Again, if you have a specific incident to cite where this was not the case, please contact Carrier Services with your PO number or direct message me the number and we will investigate. Thank you for everything you do for TQL. - KG

10. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    When you're looking for loads you put in a radius from where you are at. You try to mis-lead by putting in a different point. The easiest way to deal with it is to put you on a do not call and then the board hides all your loads.
    We are seldom on any board looking but when we do you're the most annoying of all with multiple listings. Far easier to hide your loads and not have to deal with it.

11. BoyWander

BoyWander Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Michigan

This is a load of crap.

When a carrier or independent looks for a load, they are calculating in their head how many miles it is to pick up and then deliver, and calculates fuel usage (mostly rather quickly) to determine what they should ask for on a load. Having multiple locations listed for one load is indeed misleading, because it misleads a driver into thinking that a certain pickup/deliver point would actually use less fuel than would actually happen, and that is what is misleading. The truck loses money at that point, and not only that, but since the carrier was misled, they will become upset with the brokerage firm.

All of this I said above is pretty self-explanatory to everyone else who reads this thread, and doesn't really need to be said, but apparently TQL doesn't take this into account when implementing it's business model.

So yeah, I call BS.

ingedavi Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.