Banned from shipper

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Bobblehead, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Wow...If I am reading your post correctly, that is an extreme case of "all of your eggs in one basket". 130 trucks and one single customer? Yikes!

joey8686 and Brettj3876 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Yea. The company is obviously diversified, but this specific yard consists of shuttling parts from the warehouse 3.5 miles away to the GM plant. It's not as bad as it sounds really as GM loves us. Even with the bad drivers we almost never have an issue and unlike other companies we have not caused the line to shut down in the 20+ years we've had the contract.
    If we ever do loose the contract there are options to move within the company, it's just this yard will shut down.

4. staceydude

staceydude Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2020
    You’ve gotta link this story for us D. Lol

5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Its super long but a funny read lol

Got myself a lifetime ban

6. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    No I haven't. Its business, and nothing personal. If there is a place that I don't want to go to again, it will be by my choice, not because I was banned. I remain professional at all times, and its not always easy.

On a side note, when shippers and or receivers hold us up we all get irritated. So I always tell them, to take their time, as I get paid $75 an hour detention after 2 hours and love to get paid for sleeping. Sometimes, its like they get jealous or something, and they give me a door right away.

7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    U know whats funny . Is ive adopted that same mindset... lots of times i go to places where the forklift driver is busting their ### rushing to get things done, now i show up and he dont wanna see me because now hes got a truck to load on top of everything else..... i always tell em ," take ur time, theres no rush no hurry" even when im behind schedule... ive found alot of the times it seems to take some stress away and they usually load me quicker... not to mention it makes a good impression and allows me to be treated like a human rather than just another truck driver thats in the way... sometimes a couple kind words go a long way.

Brettj3876, Ruthless, bzinger and 6 others Thank this.
  8. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    More than once.

bzinger, joey8686 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  9. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    If you've never been banned from a site, you haven't worked in the oil patch very long. ;)

10. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    I'd like to know too. I've only ever had my picture up at the post office.

Lonesome and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  11. Flatdecker

Flatdecker Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Ontario
    I've been banned from every US Steel plant in North America for about 8 years now. So far not going back hasn't bothered me a bit.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.