Banned from shipper

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Bobblehead, Dec 31, 2020.

1. AKDoug

AKDoug Medium Load Member

Mar 21, 2018
    That day is long gone. However the beer distributor I deliver to three times a week is a top notch facility with excellent workers. We're on a first name basis with with the warehouse guys there and consider them friends. Show up and we're unloaded and reloaded with backhaul empty kegs and pallets in under a 1/2 hour.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    I get detention too, we charge based on the customer/broker, our lowest rate is $75/hr up to $200/hr, if they hold me long enough that I can't get back same day, we charge a layover fee. Regardless of the detention rate, I get 30% of it, I've had loads were detention pay was equal to my base rate.

joey8686 Thanks this.
  4. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    “I’m a kind person, I’m kind to everyone, but if you are unkind to me, then kindness is not what you’ll remember me for.”
    Al Capone

I've never been banned but I've left an impression a few times. But I have a few rules in these situations.
    1- Speak softly. Never, ever raise your voice.
    2- Never cuss.
    3- Never name call.
    4- No peacocking. Keep a relaxed demeanor.
    5- Speak to the person as if they were a three year old throwing a tantrum. Also keep re-explaining and gently telling them they don't understand until they're about to have an aneurysm and try to kill you.:p

As a big guy I can easily intimidate people so I have to be careful. Big guys always get the blame in a confrontation.
    So I learned to stay cool and calm while making the other guy loose their ####.

5. 401-Alex

401-Alex Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Don't know if im banned from the black horse aldi in Fredrick MD. But i was pissed at them 6.5 hrs after appointment time they were done with my paperwork.and told to leave out of ours of service around 6 am or so blocked my truck in with a company truck played stupid as to who had keys to it for almost 2 hrs and when i left security asked to see bol at gate and i said no and drove away...

joey8686, alds and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  6. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    How DARE you speak such truth to the pathetically Useless....I mean, Union...

joey8686, skellr, Badmon and 3 others Thank this.
  7. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    I haven't gotten banned. One time I delivered a really heavy gear oil. They wanted me to sign off on a sheet there was no heal. I refused, then he said I couldn't leave. Then I repeat what he said to me twice and ask for his Manager. He refuses to get his Manager. I call my company, they blow me off. I tell the reciever I'm going to call the cops , since they are kidnapping me. I wasn't kidding. It got more weird and I got to leave. My company #####ed at me, I told them I don't care if you ever send me their I won't go. A stupid mixing plant out side of Philly. I wrote something on the BOL, like they refused to let me leave unless I said their was no heal, and they held me hostage. That's what got my company to ##### at me. "we bill with this paperwork". Lol. I'm leased on , I'm like why don't you have my back. Where am I in this equation. I was going to call 911 and you guys didn't have my back. People need to know what they are doing. That plant was a bunch of snarky counts.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    joey8686, alds, Doealex and 3 others Thank this.
  8. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Me too..

Lumper Humper Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.