BBQ in Texas..

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Trucker Kev Paid Tourist, Aug 12, 2019.

for those that eat it only can choose one of two

1. soulman's

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
  2. Texas Best

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. choose one of the above if you're a barbeque fan who rolls to Texas and has dined at one or both facilities in any of their locations.
    no other options at this time just trying to see which one of the Texas talked about BBQ's that have more than one location are better..
    I've seen the talk on different trucking forums not here but different places and chats and it's always Texas Best versus soul man so I decided to throw on up here and see for those that do come through Texas and eat the barbecue had like one of the two places

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    Never heard of either one of em

Intothesunset and Matt1924 Thank this.
  4. CousinVinny

CousinVinny Medium Load Member

Jan 26, 2015
    New Jersey
    If I were to find myself in Texas, I would be eating at Bill Miller Bar-B-Q.

5. that's okay..a Google search can help you find them this is only for people that are familiar with it..
    you can find soulman's all around somewhere very close to truck stops TA in Rockwall right across the street loves Van Texas right next door many more locations..
    Texas Best the same way they're found in truck stops to usually with a Denny's or a Sonic Tyler Texas has a great one there's another nice one out by Kilgore one down on Interstate 10 outside of Houston..

jon69 Thanks this.
  6. that's not one of the options this is only for people that ate both and are familiar with it..
    everybody knows there's a thousand places in Texas that's not the point of this little tiny thing for fun.
    another reason I'm leary of creating posts anymore.
    especially Direction's are specific and the reasons and the criteria that follow..

jon69 and JonJon78 Thank this.
  7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Soulmans, hands down. But there is a lot of good bar b q in the Lone Star.

8. Matt1924

Matt1924 Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Georgia
    I love bbq. However, I’ve never eaten it in TX. But isn’t there that one place there in Amarillo that does those big ole’ steaks? I’d love to get me one of them.

9. yep the legendary 72-once bringing tourists in for years

jon69 Thanks this.
  10. very true but I'm going with the multi more than one location that are found near truck stops..
    not just individual ones that's why I threw this up there these are some of the most popular ones and trucker forums as far as mentioned eating BBQ in Texas where you can get a truck in most of the time..
    I particularly prefer Texas Best just a little bit over soulman's especially the one in Tyler..
    not by much but just a touch

jon69 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.