BD69: The Owner Operator Chronicles

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Broke Down 69, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Those are NOT the words of a man who misses his girlfriend. I'll leave it at that.

Sometimes in life we have to embrace the pain and the process and let it work it's purpose of breaking and humbling us.

No platitudes from me, I know exactly what that abject lonliness feels like. I've been through it. The temptation I experienced was to throw in the towel and run. Don't run, D.

RERM, Vic Firth, G13Tomcat and 7 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. intrepidor

intrepidor Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2017
    Western Iowa
    A person can feel all alone when he lives in a house without love or even common courtesy.

RERM, G13Tomcat, bmack and 1 other person Thank this.
  4. Broke Down 69

Broke Down 69 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    Well y'all l, a lot has happened in the last couple days that's forcing me to make some very difficult decisions. Dad is going to a rehab facility tomorrow and after that, at least for some period of time, an assisted living facility. My sister has opted out of helping here in any meaningful way, which has put me in a very difficult position. There is no possible way for me to handle all the family business running OTR, I need to be home regularly. Accordingly, tomorrow I'll be having a talk with the powers that be at Morehouse about keeping me down in the Southeast for awhile. As an O/O I have some leverage but I have to remember that Morehouse freight is sort of light down this way and I can't expect them to rework their business model on account of a single truck. I hope I can work something out. Regardless. I have to be back here the second week of July. I'll keep y'all up to date.

More later...

5. intrepidor

Aug 24, 2017
    Western Iowa
    Sometimes a song or verse in a song will have a message for me. Two that come to mind freqently for me are "still haven't found what I'm looking for" by U2 and "you don't always get what you want but you get what you need" by Rolling Stones.

6. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Time to take a step back and get a fresh perspective.
    Take a break from the family matters for a day.
    Put everything aside, including the family memebers. Send their calls to voice mail. You would be surprised at what is really necessary right then.
    Only deal with a full on true emergency should it arise.

7. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Well? How'd the conversation go?

8. Broke Down 69

Broke Down 69 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    They're working with me to keep me close for awhile. Hopefully, I can get things sorted and settled quickly. It may sound terrible to say, but this is my time...I need to be focusing on work and business. When there was an option between me and work, Dad always chose work, so there's a little cat's in the cradle going on here.

Vic Firth, G13Tomcat, taodnt and 7 others Thank this.
  9. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    If your father feld that way when he was working........he should now be saying the same to you.

I know you find the right balance.

10. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    That's why we enjoy time with are grandchildren. To make up for lost time with our own kids.

1951 ford, G13Tomcat, Feedman and 5 others Thank this.
  11. intrepidor

Aug 24, 2017
    Western Iowa
    Amen. And we can spoil them without guilt.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.