BD69: The Owner Operator Chronicles

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Broke Down 69, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I want to add something to the hunting story I just found out about today.

When bow season started here, my daughter and her husband both had tags. The first day out, they called in a bull and my daughter (first time ever with a bow) got him from 15 yards out.

Unfortunately, after he dropped and they approached him, he got up and ran off. They searched for hours and the next day couldn't locate him.

Needless to say, my daughter was pretty upset.

Well, yesterday a good friend of her husband, who happens to be a professional tracker, found the bull in a steep ravine!

The meat is obviously bad, but the rack will look nice on her wall ;-)

It's bigger than the one her hubby tagged.

IMG953287.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Well, I figured I'd continue to keep @Broke Down 69 thread alive, especially since he and @bzinger aren't speaking anymore ;-)

Here's a little video I shot a few days ago at a receiver in Portland. The guys response towards the end is pretty funny.

Turns out the girl attempting to back the trailer into a wide open straight back with lots of room, quit the next day.

This video is not meant to demean her in anyway, I just think it's a lesson on how unprepared and under-trained a lot of these newer drivers are these days.

Yes, yes I know, we all have our days, but this was seriously close to something bad happening a couple of times with her pulling out into that busy 4 lane road.

Yes, I did get out and attempt to help her, but to no avail.

Now here is the kicker. I received a call from a broker I've been doing a lot of work for lately, asking me if I'd be willing to do contract with a company who needs help because their driver just recently quit! LOL

You got it, it's the same company that the lady in this video worked for :)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  4. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Fixed ;-)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    Tug Toy Thanks this.
  5. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I'm not as mad as I am disappointed in him .
    Was pissed at first but oh well ....ain't how I roll .

6. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    I didn't say you were mad, only that you weren't speaking ;-)

Tug Toy, Panhandle flash and bzinger Thank this.
  7. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Not that it matters, but could see this going down this path.

Feedman Thanks this.
  8. basedinMN_

basedinMN_ Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    St Paul, MN
    What the hell. I took a few weeks off of this site, because I'm a company shlub who drives more than you O/O's evidently. And now I come back to... what? Did some drama go down up in here?

Someone wanna fill me in?

PS. Scooter I'm proud of you man. I heard on NPR something about a new sleep study. Turns out beauty sleep is a real thing!

ncmickey Thanks this.
  9. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Well it seems that bd decided his life needed to be on a path that was different from what the immediate past was offering for the immediate future. Family deaths, family matters and the potential of the new wife to be seems to have taken his attention and time.

In other words, we really don’t know what happened, he went batshirt and bailed out with little or no communication beyond his little patch of heaven. Word is as the rapid departures scorched the road behind him and bridges condemned from the heat.

Maybe others Can clarify the story and events.

10. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Gone with the wind and his truck was auctioned off at south Sioux city Nebraska November 15th .

11. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Things have changed in his life but, not my tale to tell. Maybe he will come back here one day.

Will say this tho, he bought a drop deck, has hooked up with a broker he knows, and is hauling short lane frieght, till he is completely out of his boot, and ankle operating properly.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.