BD69: The Owner Operator Chronicles

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Broke Down 69, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Broke Down 69

Broke Down 69 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    So far, so good.

Panhandle flash Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Broke Down 69

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    Got into Missoula yesterday st 1100 and met my buddy over at a little Irish pub he likes that had some pretty dang good food. Ran over to his yard and spent about 3 hours talking with various people. Says something that there were so many people around on a Saturday. Got a lot of information and a bit of a feel for how they operate. Of course they offered me a job on the spot, but I told them I was committed to my current job until April, but after that I would be open to making the move. So there's a very good chance I'll be moving out this way come Spring.

Unload and reload tomorrow morning and will be on my way back home for a couple days.

More later...

4. intrepidor

intrepidor Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2017
    Western Iowa
    I'm trying to remember if when you left Morehouse you were having some engine problems with your tractor.

Scooter Jones and Broke Down 69 Thank this.
  5. Broke Down 69

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    Yes I was. I had thrown about 11k at a cylinder that kept cutting out. Replaced all I jectors, both the main and injector harnesses, several different sensors, ran the overhead and several other things and the problem just kept coming back. The only reason I entered a purchase agreement on that truck was it was overhauled right around 100k miles back. Unfortunately for me, it just seemed to be one of those trucks with gremlins nobody could sort out. Despite all that, I was still willing to buy the truck, knowing I had a fresh platinum kit rebuilt 3406e available to me at home for a great price. Couldn't work the deal out on the truck but I do have that engine in a crate at my shop back home. Thinking about using it on a new glider in a year or so.

Panhandle flash and Scooter Jones Thank this.
  6. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Ouch!

Moorehouse sent that truck to auction knowing it had problems like that? ;-)

Broke Down 69 Thanks this.
  7. Broke Down 69

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    Yep.

Love the new avatar.

kemosabi49 and Scooter Jones Thank this.
  8. intrepidor

Aug 24, 2017
    Western Iowa
    You have had your share of issues with tractors. Hope this one works out better for you.
    Never did understand why bz threw you under the bus when you left Morehouse. You had alot going on at that time.

Broke Down 69 and Rubber duck kw Thank this.
  9. Broke Down 69

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    Brad is Brad. No sense in getting to worked up over it.

10. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Exactly. It's the internet, LOL. Some people act like you have to "defend" your honor on these forums sometimes.

That's why they created the "ignore" button. Don't like my online persona, no problem, just hit the ignore button and stay in peace ;-)

11. intrepidor

Aug 24, 2017
    Western Iowa
    Correctomundo

Broke Down 69 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.