BD69: The Owner Operator Chronicles

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Broke Down 69, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Broke Down 69

Broke Down 69 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    Eat there every time I'm there. Vape shop next door is really good also.

RStewart and Shock Therapy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Broke Down 69

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    Stopped in Nashville because I have plenty of time and went to the Johnny Cash museum, he's always been a hero of mine. Then I bounced on down to Christiana and laid up at the Loves there. Going to spend tomorrow with my aunt who lives about 15 miles from my final, who conveniently have overnight parking. Not a bad run, all in all.

More later...

Vic Firth, Feedman, dunchues and 4 others Thank this.
  4. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    there is a truck stop with a hundred times better food across the interstate. And bonus, since the majority of the big fleets go to the loves you are less likely to wake up to someone ripping your hood off.

5. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Check your tires for dry rot before ya leave lol

Airborne, whoopNride, RStewart and 5 others Thank this.
  6. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    LOL. I've been starting and letting it run every other day at least.

7. Broke Down 69

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    So, this keeps improving. Looks lime they may be able to unload me later this afternoon but I still have time for a nice lunch with my aunt and then scoot on out of Atlanta today with enough ti.e to get to Gadsden, Alabama tonight, which may speed up my reload as well. Man, when things start going good I start to worry about the Karmic payback...wel,W maybe this is a positive payback for all the messed up loads I've had to deal with lately...lol.

More later...

8. dunchues

dunchues Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2012
    new brunswick
    How was the museum?

Broke Down 69 and Tug Toy Thank this.
  9. Broke Down 69

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    If you're a fan of Cash, it's a must visit. I spent a couple hours there and really enjoyed myself.

dunchues and Shock Therapy Thank this.
  10. Broke Down 69

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    Well, I'm back at the Oak Grove 70 and just finished a fine bbq dinner. Next time you're here, ask for the Outlaw wings...they're named after me. Happened like this. I know one of the waitresses pretty good and she told me they were working on some smoked, bbq wings. Well, we were just chewing the fat, so to speak, and I told her I'd run over my HoS to get here...right as the owner passed us. He stopped looked at me and said, "I'm going to name them after you, they're the Outlaw wings." So that was kinda cool, all over going 2 minutes over. Of course I kept that part to myself, might as well let them think I drove nonstop fro LA or some such, otherwise they may have to rename the wings...which, by the way, are pretty dam good.

Other than that, not much to say. On my way to the yard to drop a load off and likely do a 34 since I'll have about 3 hours left on my 70 and don't grab any time back until midnight.

More later...

11. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Ran into a guy today I know from a previous company.

He told me a lady driver from that same company approached him at a drop yard awhile back, crying really hard and asking for his help.

Said her dog had died in the truck in between the 2 front seats. She needed help getting him out.

He was thinking it was like a small dog. Only to discover it was a full size German Shepherd!

I love dogs, but come on...

He pointed out that the newer company KW T680 she was driving was a disaster inside. Food, both dog & human scraps, paper wrapping, dog hair, etc were all over the place.

Then some folks wonder why some companies have a no pet policy.

Broke Down 69 and Feedman Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.