Be cautious as you can!

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Oldironfan, Oct 10, 2018.

1. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    makes me wanna walk around in a hazat suit from now on

201 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Used to run one in my apartment during allegry season, that thing was amazing for allegeries.. Would probably be great for a truck since its a small space..

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas

I have three. In addition to the computer that carries a small filter inside the side case fan intake. There is a large HEPA with ionizing behind the chair I am in most frequently. That's the big one. There are exhaust fans on 24/7 for years. They have not burned out or burned up yet. The filters for the main HVAC for the housing is cleaned monthly if it needed it or not. Laundry is done constantly, bedding replaced twice a week and vacumning often.

Believe it or not the computer captures most all of the stuff in the air where I am 24/7 I just wipe it down and take the 360mm radiator dust coating off once a year.

Fresh air is really important. One of my issues is in the respiratory system and I would be first to get sick when air is contaminated either in the lungs or heart. We had a neighbor burn out his vent and ruin the air quality for a while.

I once got caught inside a cement mill silo that was not occupied by a truck or railcar being loaded and the silo master thought to laugh and give me a few hundred pounds of powder. Pluf. The result was permanent damage into my system later confirmed by MRI. But we did examine going after that person and decided it was not worth the hassle. I was still relatively very young and the effects will not take hold until my 40's anyway.

D.Tibbitt and VIDEODROME Thank this.
  5. camionneur

camionneur Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2013
    I don't wash my hands compulsively (even if people are watching me after I pee... I'd rather wash them before, or go hands free). There's about one rule to follow in the spirit of that. Don't eat anything you touch, or touch anything you eat. I stopped eating prepared food, to rule out food poisoning already. I'm a strict vegetarian, but cook pretty much everything I eat immediately beforehand, and also avoid anyone who is coughing. I agree, it works. I never get sick if I can manage to do those things. Whereas I used to get sick more regularly, no matter how superstitiously I washed those hands (well I hope it works for everyone who licks their fingers, after touching the dead pigs butt they ate or whatever—I saw you too).

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.