Becoming a trainer and..

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TruckerRawb, Jul 17, 2019.

1. TruckerRawb

TruckerRawb Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2018
    Nrub

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You brought this on yourself by becoming a trainer.
    Why anyone would volunteer to be stuck in a truck for years with multiple strangers is beyond belief.
    You don't pick and choose who the company puts in the truck with you; you volunteered.
    I'd just tell the company you don't want to be a trainer and if they give you grief, change companies.
    If you didn't volunteer to be a trainer and it was forced on you, then time to leave the company.

4. TruckerRawb

Nov 11, 2018
    Extra money man

Lepton1 and Chinatown Thank this.
  5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    And?

If your personal beliefs get in the way of your professional responsibility, then don't be a trainer.

I have gays working for me, I don't care what they are as long as they drive safe, do a good job and keep the truck clean. To be exact when a couple of them brought it up in interviews, I told them that I don't really give a crap (harsher language was used) what they claim to be, I am not the person who is looking to be politically correct and it will never be an issue when I evaluate their work. I've seen enough bashing of all kinds of people in my life because of what they are or claim to be. Oh and I also tell them I don't tolerate drama, seems many of them have this thing to bring drama to everything they do,

One thing that bothers me is being a trainer. How many years do you have on the road, I have strong feelings about trainers, feeling 5 years is the minimal time on the road 10 is better and a training the training course is badly needed.

tinytim, tscottme, Lepton1 and 4 others Thank this.
  6. TruckerRawb

Nov 11, 2018
    You know what man your right. I don't have to be paired up with him if he tries me. I'm gonna give it a swing. I've been driving for 3 years and was a yard jockey at the ports for 1 year in savannah. I've been to every single state, driven through every condition (like an idiot but good experience) on every type of terrain. I was trained on snow and mountains

Chinatown and Lepton1 Thank this.
  7. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    You wanted to train, so train. Don’t try to be friends. Neither of you are there to be friends or win a popularity contest. He should keep his business his, and you keep your business to yourself.

Do the job you said you would and quit trying to complicate things.

“But Six, what about sexual advances?”

If he hasn’t made any, you’re the one that’s the problem. If he is respectful, give him respect. Period. If you cannot, you need to quit the job now.

8. frito bandito

frito bandito Light Load Member

May 31, 2019
    Don't ask, don't tell.

FlaSwampRat and Bakerman Thank this.
  9. frito bandito

frito bandito Light Load Member

May 31, 2019
    Ya, but do you have one tucking you in at night?

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  10. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Im a Christian. I have friends and family that is homosexual. I habe never been hit on.

Judge not and you shall not be judged. Do your job as a trainer. If he gets out of hand let the company know.

Lepton1 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  11. LDLWells

LDLWells Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Looks like you do.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.