Been driving wrong on the elog.. How to fix??

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Ezmoneydadriver, Mar 16, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas

I am going to have some coffee (Decaf) and think about this carefully in my chair, I will get back you today at some point. I already think you are awesome, but there is going to be a little bit of getting to know one another now that you raised up some pretty big issues that have not been resolved since 1934 within the flow of postings in which I am involved as well.

booley Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    most anyone who logs into the sleeper berth is falsifying a log because on the majorit y of trucks if you are in the sleeper you cant reach your elog and if you log sb in the seat you are falsifying a log ..... catch 22 ..... there's no wiggle room ...... well had to split a sleeper and changed off duty to sb and when qued to state reason I just said couldnt reach elog from sb

4. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

A compliant ELD has to be detachable from its mount and reach out the drivers and passenger window for a DOT inspector to view it, so I would imagine it would reach your bunk also. Thats if we are splitting hairs about such issues.
    Could make the arguement you could never log off duty on an ELD because if you were actively interacting with the device you would be on duty and thus falsified your log.

Truckermania Thanks this.
  5. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

Yes there are much more deeply rooted reasons why trucking pays the way it does than 99% of drivers realize. Getting those lonely entrenched labor laws changed is nearly impossible since they provide such an economic benefit to 'big money', at the expense of the workforce.

Drivers are still largely viewed as expendable commodities, all the while the companies are screaming to the media about a driver shortage that they themselves have created by untenable working conditions for a large part of the industry, particularly the new drivers.

6. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    The one we have goes dormant when the engine is off, you might be able to coax it back to life, but sometimes, it's slow to wake up when the engine starts.

7. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

are you talking about the driver or the eLog ? o_O

8. 25(2)+2

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    I'm talking about the ELD. Get it right.:(

9. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

Oh, it sounded like you hired one of my ex drivers! He was kinda slow getting going in the morning.

10. 25(2)+2

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    The twice annual jet lag hit me last week. I work any hour of the day or night, the device is smart enough to not power up when it's extremely cold, it has taken over half an hour, this is on 2 different ones, come to find out.

Never a dull moment.

11. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    The law doesn’t require a sleeper berth, only a 10 hour break. So go 5 minutes over and you’re good to go in any court.

I haven’t logged SB since this BS started. I’ve been inspected almost twice a month with zero issues. I’m ready to toss a prepass, simply because it’s a worthless POS in Cali 75% of the time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.