hey wedge, good to hear you got a good trainer and are having a good time out there.
How'd you like the furniture? did you have to unload it?
American Trucker
Beginning the Long Awaited CDL Process
Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Wedge, Oct 14, 2010.
Page 106 of 148
-
-
Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds
Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.
-
-
No unloading at either stop. Just watched. We delivered to two different Furniture Row locations. One in TN, but the other was about 2 miles from Daytona International Speedway.American-Trucker said: ↑hey wedge, good to hear you got a good trainer and are having a good time out there.
How'd you like the furniture? did you have to unload it?
American TruckerClick to expand...
It was fun right up to where the air bag blew.
I'm still at the PeterBilt dealership waiting for them to finish up.
American-Trucker Thanks this. -
Sounds like everything is good out there.Nice to have a trainer that reconizes and utilizes your driving abilitys.It all goes so fast,you will be solo in no time.I am happy you are in good hands and finally out there.
Wedge Thanks this. -
Hey Wedge you really pushed through all the crap and made it happen! Im totally happy for you! I wish I would have known you were in Daytona today. I was out behind the track doing some work. Would have loved to meet up with you! I am doing some catching up and I haven't read back through the post yet to see who you are driving for but no matter, sounds as if things are going good. Keep us posted man! Drive safe!
Wedge Thanks this. -
Wedge
GLAD to hear that things are going well for you and boy your patience did pay off!!
You have some good hours already benind the wheel-how many do you need to be done 160 hrs?
What do you mean by a super single?
Keep us updated when you can we all know you are busy!!!!!Wedge Thanks this. -
sammycat said: ↑Wedge
GLAD to hear that things are going well for you and boy your patience did pay off!!
You have some good hours already benind the wheel-how many do you need to be done 160 hrs?
What do you mean by a super single?
Keep us updated when you can we all know you are busy!!!!!Click to expand...
i dont know about USX but usually a super single is kinda like a team, it's 1.5 drivers. We have some here at W/S. I solo driver can do 700 +/- miles a day, a team can do 1400 +/- and super single is dispached to run 1000-1200 miles a day.
American Truckersammycat Thanks this. -
Thanks buddy. I'm still at Peterbilt waiting for the truck to be repaired. We had to spend the nigt at the hotel. It's a pain because we're not moving so that I can gain hours.Hamsterrock74 said: ↑Sounds like everything is good out there.Nice to have a trainer that reconizes and utilizes your driving abilitys.It all goes so fast,you will be solo in no time.I am happy you are in good hands and finally out there.Click to expand...
But you're right, it goes by pretty quick.Hamsterrock74 Thanks this. -
We got to the receiver on the late side and spent the night there. I haven't been on TTR much since training started. I'm with USX, that'll save you a little reading. It would have been great to meet you. We may get a chance to meet one of these days. You helped me out at the start and I appreciate that.chompi said: ↑Hey Wedge you really pushed through all the crap and made it happen! Im totally happy for you! I wish I would have known you were in Daytona today. I was out behind the track doing some work. Would have loved to meet up with you! I am doing some catching up and I haven't read back through the post yet to see who you are driving for but no matter, sounds as if things are going good. Keep us posted man! Drive safe!Click to expand...
I have a great trainer this time. He's patient and a 17 year veteran, so he has plenty of knowledge to share. Once I get past the first 75 hours of training, we'll be splitting the driving up in what they call "Super Solo" so I'll have more time to get on here and update. For now he spends all of the time in the jump seat where I would prefer him to be at the beginning. There's way too much to learn in a short span of time.chompi Thanks this. -
Since neither one of us can sleep while the truck is moving, we each drive for like 8 hours, for example. It's like AT said. It's kinda like 1 1/2 drivers. You can cover more ground than just one driver but less than a full blown team. Best of both worlds.sammycat said: ↑Wedge
GLAD to hear that things are going well for you and boy your patience did pay off!!
You have some good hours already benind the wheel-how many do you need to be done 160 hrs?
What do you mean by a super single?
Keep us updated when you can we all know you are busy!!!!!Click to expand...
I'll have more time to post once I reach that point. Right now I'm running my full 11 hours each day, so free time is not in great supply.
Oh....and my trainer doesn't run in the northeast, so our coffee date will have to wait until I go solo.
Sorry, Sammycat.
sammycat Thanks this.
Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds
Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.
Page 106 of 148
Related Categories
-
Eagle trucking Tucson AZ
Winty99 posted Oct 8, 2026 at 3:10 AM -
ATS(Anderson Trucking Service)
Michael05 posted Sep 30, 2026 -
Air Flowing When Holding Brake...
PianoManCJS posted Sep 26, 2026 -
Top bunk storage: Webbing for...
steve-in-kville posted Sep 25, 2026 -
Does my previous non trucking...
Cobb posted Sep 25, 2026 -
Hazmat Every 3 Years Training
PianoManCJS posted Sep 16, 2026 -
Do I keep applying for trucking...
ShinyWheels2025 posted Sep 16, 2026 -
Dump truck driver
Chinatown posted Sep 14, 2026 -
Future Plans & Guidance for a...
Dessert_chef posted Sep 13, 2026 -
1 day of riding as passenger...
Red Barclay Jr posted Sep 12, 2026
Loading...
Recent Threads
-
Securement
Zeus 49 posted Oct 10, 2026 at 12:02 AM -
Secure parking in Yakima Washington
TGUNKEL posted Oct 9, 2026 at 10:35 PM -
GP Transco
Scottie1993 posted Oct 8, 2026 at 8:05 PM -
Who will ROB me the least? Load...
PortBoss72 posted Oct 8, 2026 at 3:29 PM -
Warrant Issued For 4 Wheeler...
mjd4277 posted Oct 8, 2026 at 1:21 PM -
Truckers Path On Windows 11 Machine
zFcjeX0 posted Oct 8, 2026 at 12:58 PM -
Eagle trucking Tucson AZ
Winty99 posted Oct 8, 2026 at 3:10 AM -
Got fired today need help
DennyBui posted Oct 7, 2026 at 6:57 PM -
United Petroleum Transport
Bently34 posted Oct 7, 2026 at 6:14 PM -
CA driver arrested after...
bullhaulerswife posted Oct 7, 2026 at 6:12 PM
Loading...