Beginning to get desperate, could use help/advice.

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by buddha_, Aug 16, 2022.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Don't forget to read the New Driver and the Experienced driver section for info on trucking companies.

buddha_ Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    @buddha_ --

Veteran Schneider driver here.

Now I do hazmat tanker duty, hauling fuel--mostly in north FL, and south Ga (but NOT with Schneider).

Boy, when I started out, I sure wished I had the help and counsel you've had in this forum thread--truly amazing stuff!

Obviously, some very empathic and helpful drivers here.

Yeah...pretty easy to wind up with a sucky company starting out, if you're not careful.

I would just like to add: think long-term--stay with your first carrier job for AT LEAST A YEAR.

Longer is of course, even better.

Don't paint a picture right off the bat that you're a job-hopper.

--Lual

4. snicrep

snicrep Medium Load Member

May 13, 2009
    mcallen, tx
    dude. put a ring on it! already.;)

5. snicrep

snicrep Medium Load Member

May 13, 2009
    mcallen, tx
    i had tried them and they mentioned doing dock work and transitioning into the trucks. but they sent me the "thank you for applying...but.unfortunately..." i think it was my age but its ok, im starting somewhere else monday

6. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Lily hires in ME, my roommate in the oilfield drove for Lily before (and after) trying out the Bakken, and that's where he was from. They also hire recent grads, but I believe they require a Hazmat endorsement.

Lily Transportation Careers

xlsdraw, tscottme and buddha_ Thank this.
  7. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    @buddha_ --

FAIR WARNING: Prime trucks are SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW.......:confused::rolleyes:

--Lual

tscottme and austinmike Thank this.
  8. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Have you tried Western Express? On the dry van side, they were always loading that water out of Maine, I forget the town. I know they have a big time presence there. I remember a flatbed driver they hired out of Maine. It ain't going to be best job starting out, but if your main focus is to save some coin and get some experience, it can be done with them. If you can get on with them and make it as close to a year as possible, the the industry opens up some more for ya in terms of job options.

buddha_ Thanks this.
  9. buddha_

buddha_ Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2022
    This forum has been absolutely wonderful, unfortunately, Reddit’s trucking threads are not so helpful. I have had a couple of cool cats help out but nowhere near the level of help and support I’ve gotten here.

austinmike Thanks this.
  10. buddha_

Aug 15, 2022
    Gonna do this today!

Do you know how long IdentiGo printing is good for? I’ve gotten printed twice in the last two years for my current company, last time being mid April, 2022.

11. buddha_

Aug 15, 2022
    I put in an app with them a couple days ago… might call the recruiter again after work today

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.