Bells cb and why...

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by JesusFreak316, Mar 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessejamesdallas

jessejamesdallas Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I use the Motorola Speakers...Good, loud, clear, and don't cost a arm and a leg...Find them all day long on ebay anywhere from $2 to $200...average good price for one is usually between $20-$30...sometimes you have to change the plug out on them, but no bid deal.

[​IMG]

Motorola RSN4001AA 13w external speaker | eBay

rabbiporkchop and JesusFreak316 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Just remember when you jump in the sheets with the mrs..Dont forget yourself and hold your hand to tour face and whisper "I aint got no pantys on"..Doesnt turn the ladys on,i tried ....lol

Slowmover1 and JesusFreak316 Thank this.
  4. Slowmover1

Slowmover1 Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Fort Worth
    It’s not the speaker, per se, it’s the electronic circuitry that filters the noise.

DSP can also be obtained with stand-alone modules. But that just takes up more room; two devices versus one.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  5. Slowmover1

Oct 25, 2015
    Fort Worth
    You won’t know you can’t hear them.

JesusFreak316 Thanks this.
  6. Slowmover1

Oct 25, 2015
    Fort Worth
    See latest “Fred in the Shed” with a Grant II.

Let’s posit you’ve the better radio and antenna system. Guess what? My ears better than yours.

From box stock baby Uniden on up the $$ Scale.

Realistically, there’s an “end” to how good we can get a truck mobile antenna system to work just as there’s an “end” to CB/Export performance.

Think these truckstop wonders outperform Yaesu, Icom, KENWOOD? Why would those have sophisticated DSP controls?

Digital Signal Processing completely cancels some noise. And allows you to modify the amount of filtration past that.

I review it as being able to hear around the remaining noise.

How often does anyone here run RF Gain and Squelch wide open? Always backed down some, right? (And those controls aren’t linear; that first 1/8-turn on Gain can be “more” than a half-turn past it on many radios).

How often is anyone here REQUIRED to back off RF Gain because there are too many voices speaking at one time?

If outside the worst metro areas you can’t crank it wide open, and then adjust it to the closest voices, performance your rig is capable of is being thrown away.

What if during skip conditions ITS JUST TOO MUCH?

But, if that’s never happened to you, how would you know it’s possible?

Give one a thorough test. Mount the speaker so that it’s overhead and close enough to reach controls. Plan the mount first. Speaker has two leads: 12V power and radio ext speaker jack. Plan those lead runs. (If you need more than 6’, then you’ll need SHIELDED audio cable).

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  7. Slowmover1

Oct 25, 2015
    Fort Worth

Sure. They’re nice. But not in the least bit comparable, JJD.

DSP is part of the radio signal path that “normally” (HAM Radio) is included in the transceiver.

Here, it’s an outboard addition to radios too small and in a market with buyers too cheap for it to be worthwhile to add.

Someone (BHI?) makes a module meant to be added to interior radio circuitry.

Ever had a pre-amp? Everyone says all it does it magnify noise. I can kick in the pre-amp on a KL203P and guess what?

Your McKinley “needs” one. Oh, I can see where running thru the MetroHex at 1600 may make it seem superfluous. But not in the early mornings or late evenings.

It’s not “marginal” is my point.

See reviews on eHam.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    jessejamesdallas Thanks this.
  8. Slowmover1

Oct 25, 2015
    Fort Worth
    It’s supposed to be you gots your RED panties on.

9. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

10. Slowmover1

Oct 25, 2015
    Fort Worth
    It’ll work (they say), but possibly could be measured against the teeth-remaining /tattoo-coverage index as a control.

11. JesusFreak316

JesusFreak316 Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2019
    All done and on it's way

Said he had the mic gain down when he first started the pep in the video, swinging 48-50w @120-125% modulation but he says don't worry that's how he does his radios and they always come out good with satisfied customers , plus the scope and Spectrum analyzer shows it to be clear and all on frequency..

Slowmover1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.