Bells cb and why...

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by JesusFreak316, Mar 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessejamesdallas

jessejamesdallas Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I've listened to the sound clips on those speakers, and yes they sound great, but "IMO" they don't sound $250 great...I guess if I worked out of my pick-up where I spent the better half of the day in it listening to the radio it would probably be worth looking into, but just to use maybe a hour in the morning and a hour in the evening is just not worth the investment.

As for the pre-amps, some work, and some like you said "just magnifies the noise" to the point you get the same effect as you would just cranking up the volume on the radio...

My mobile amp does not have a preamp, but my two base amps do, and they actually work!

Slowmover1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    What he's trying to tell you is that it's not about sound though. It's literally a receive upgrade that you're paying for. And it works with any radio you plug it into.

Slowmover1 Thanks this.
  4. Meteorgray

Meteorgray Heavy Load Member

Jan 1, 2016
    I guess the superspeaker would be worth it if I had a base station. The problem is, I only use CB on the road with all the noise pollution coming from the truck and from outside. So I don't try to finesse the receive, and I am generally not interested in what's going on in adjacent states. So, I'm happy with "lesser" speakers, and even earbuds on the occasions when passengers don't want to hear the krap that is riding on 11 meters wavelengths.

5. Slowmover1

Slowmover1 Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Fort Worth
    Mobile is why I have it. The changing conditions of mobile reception. Running a stripped large car in the oilfield is where it proved itself.

At home I would first try one of the larger BHI-brand models.

6. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    If i remember correctly(ill have to go back and watch again)they do get rid of alot of the white noise but the audio quality wasnt nothin to get excited over..
    If im payin $250 usd($333 cdn)i want almost studio quality..
    Im gonna pass on that for now and just depend on my radios updated rec..
    So far i have picked up 40 mi goin from a 4 wheeler to me and back,still room for improvement..

Slowmover1 Thanks this.
  7. JesusFreak316

JesusFreak316 Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2019
    My bells review has been hi-jacked by a speaker debate

jessejamesdallas Thanks this.
  8. Night Stalker10

Night Stalker10 Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2017

LOL, that’s not unusual to chase the rabbit down a different trail on this forum.

Finfn1372 and JesusFreak316 Thank this.
  9. JesusFreak316

Mar 9, 2019
  10. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Under a limited set of circumstances and only if certain conditions are met, then yes it is possible to make an export radio outperform a Yaesu, Icom, or a Kenwood. 99% of the people out there will never experience something like this, therefore 99% of the time you would be correct in saying that Yaesu Icom's and Kenwood's should always outperform a cheap export. Analog speech processing and analog signal processing can always be added to an export but you rarely see these things done.

Slowmover1 Thanks this.
  11. JesusFreak316

Mar 9, 2019

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    Reason for edit: Geee i wounder what circumstances?
    Timin770 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.