Belly Strap Pole Attachment

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by farmerjohn64, Jul 25, 2020.

1. farmerjohn64

farmerjohn64 Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Finally found my way out of my small town with no opportunity unless you know somebody lol appreciate the offer but I couldn’t accept anything for free

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. farmerjohn64

farmerjohn64 Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2019
    I’ve got both of these, but I think one of the poles I have would be a lot more convenient for me lol good ideas as you say though

FerrissWheel, G13Tomcat, cke and 2 others Thank this.
  4. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Just use your winch bar to push the hook most of the way through, then to hook it and pull it the rest of the way on the other side.

Also, if you're loading stuff that is 3+ layers tall and you need to strap the bottom 2 layers, throw your straps over before the top layers are put on. This takes a little experience to get right because you need to have your straps spaced correctly before hand.

5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I used to have a 1x1 . Frickin rotted out during the winter time. Dropped it on the ground one day and it split in half

FerrissWheel, farmerjohn64 and cke Thank this.
  6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Kudos to you for trying to think outside the box.

7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    If ya got the extra money and wanna buy a broom to sweep off the deck. Go into the ta shop they sell brooms where the handle unscrews from the broom itself. Makes it easy to store and can use the handle to fish belly straps

8. Kshaw0960

Kshaw0960 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2018
    I bought this rankee pole. It’s basically a painters pole that extends and the attachment at the top. I PMed you saying I would ship the attachment to you for free. You can attach it to any pole. Even fancy ones that slide smaller and extend it even a pvc pipe.

For edge protectors: the two little notches on the end go in the grooves of the edge protectors. Works with the tiny ones or the bigger 12”x12” or larger.

For belly straps: use the two notches to keep a strap in the middle and push it between the freight/pallets/dunnage. Or, push the pole in between what you want to belly strap, thread the strap through the little slot and pull the pole back, essentially threading the strap through. Or put the hook in the little slot and pull the hook through.

Also works great to move straps you threw into a better location if the wind took them or something.

Corner Guard Adapter (Strap Pusher Adapter)

9. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I would go with a piece of 3/4 or 1" metal conduit (EMT) @10' in length. Maybe $10 from a hardware store that is really proud of their product.

Just because there are some things where you don't have much room to push a strap through, sometimes not even enough room to push a strap hook through. Plus you can put a chain hook in the end of the tube and push it through also.

Although it isn't very good at pulling. :)

G13Tomcat, FerrissWheel, cke and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.