Bendix ABS fault

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by paramashchuk, Aug 24, 2019.

1. paramashchuk

paramashchuk Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2019
    Hello I have a 2014 Pete 379 with a detroit 12.7 glider series 60. There is a tractor abs light for diagonal relay 1. Abs is bendix ec60-pre. Does anyone know how to approach this or where I can find this relay? It's not in the normal fuse/relay boxes. My bendix diagnostics doesn't see the ecu as well. Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Goodysnap

Goodysnap Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2017
    VIN please. Too new for 379 model. 579?

Double check all ABS power supply fuses for the module power. There may be more than one. Check the box under the hood too.

pushbroom Thanks this.
  4. paramashchuk

Jul 24, 2019
    Thanks I’ll get the vin to you later today.
    I checked the main 30a fuse and 5a abs ign fuse in the fuse box by the pedals and they seem to be fine. The under hood one doesn’t have any relays related to abs. Do you know where that diagonal relay would be?

5. Goodysnap

Jul 12, 2017
    I can help once I know what truck you have. I can tell you its not a 379 if its a 14 model year.

Seem to be fine? Check them with a test light or multimeter. I would advise checking all fuse locations and not just those labeled ABS in both fuse boxes. Also make sure there are none missing from every labeled location from the diagram.

If it helps you the pin outs for the Bendix ECU are available from their website If you know you have a EC60 so you can check powers and grounds at the module located bottom center of the dash. You are most likely missing a power or wakeup power would be my guess.

paramashchuk and pushbroom Thank this.
  6. paramashchuk

Jul 24, 2019
    Thank you for the advice.
    So i checked resistance across the two pins of the fuse with power off and they both showed 0-0.1Ohms resistance. Other than the fuse box by pedals and hood, are there any boxes I don't know about?

Yep I'll check the pinout for the power asap, thanks for locating the abs ecu for me!

The VIN is 1NPXGGGG80D268141. And its a 2014 389. Apologies.

7. paramashchuk

Jul 24, 2019
    So does the vin number tell you anything?

8. Goodysnap

Jul 12, 2017
    ABS ecu connector number 1

1 and 12 should be ground

16 batt power

3 ignition power

Check your diag fuse bottom row fuse box. Have you hooked up to this truck with your tooling before?

pushbroom and paramashchuk Thank this.
  9. paramashchuk

Jul 24, 2019
    Awesome! I will check when I get to it again. The fuse box you mentioned is the one by the pedals correct? Because the under hood box is only relays and so is the box behind the instrument panel.

I have connected to the engine ecu with DDDL but not with the Bendix software. I will verify that there is power going to the abs ecu because if not, Bendix diagnostics will probably never connect to it.

10. paramashchuk

Jul 24, 2019
    So looks like the abs Ecu is bad. The relay diagonal is actually inside the ecu. After taking apart that case, there was water damage in there. Put another ecu in there and no problem
    Also, dddl told me controller #1 from abs, brakes ecu was bad so I knew for sure. Thanks for your help!

spsauerland and Goodysnap Thank this.
  11. Goodysnap

Jul 12, 2017
    Windshields are probably leaking. Or make sure the HVAC case drain is not plugged.

spsauerland and paramashchuk Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.