Best 4 car trailer

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by BigGP, Jan 16, 2017.

1. BigGP

BigGP Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Hey we are currently running a few different rigs and would like to renew our open 4 car trailer to something different. Currently i am having a issue fitting 4 cars on my trailer (see some pictures). The ramp is very weirdly designed that makes me able to load a big truck on the ramp, but other 3 cars has to be very small. So usually we end up with 3 bigger vehicles instead.
    I started looking into the trailers and my current needs would be to fit High roof vehicles (at least 10ft tall) so the trailer would have to be low profile. Also As much loading space as possible so i wouldnt need to google out every car dimensions and be very precise with what i could load or what i couldnt.
    Currently i see my best option as Sun Country 4 car - http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/...sun-counry-4-car-hauler-in-exellent-condition

or Sun country 4 but different design - http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/trailers/for-sale/7527251/2014-sun-country

Also i see this Infiniti as an option as it gives me 5 cars opportunity as well it can fit tall and long vehicles if needed. http://www.infinitytrailers.com/products/5-car-trailers/gn550/
    Please let me know if i am missing something and if there is something you think better on the market for me now . Thanks a lot!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    mckaigtransport Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Terry270

Terry270 Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2014
    BG, KY
    Sun country hands down. It's front lift is a lift and TILT and it's air ride air brake. SC 5 car is even better

Pullin2 Thanks this.
  4. BigGP

BigGP Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2016
    It just seems that the one with a lift in a middle is more versatile. IT fits 2 big Vans or buses + 2 sedans when the one with a front lift couldnt do it.

5. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    That is why I went with the mid lift, with the front lift you really have no "belly" to tuck the car into and it is quite a bit higher than a stinger truck deck, even with the 5 car you have to be pretty careful of which two you choose to put up front.

Not to make this a sales ad, but I will be having some of my 2015 SC 4 cars coming up for sale in a couple of months as we will be upgrading again.

Attached Files:

LBZ, mckaigtransport and Terry270 Thank this.
  6. BigGP

BigGP Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Something really confuses me here. So as i understand your trailer is just the same as the one below ( picture attached). So how does he fit a bus in the front when you have Caravan and seems like you got no space left? Is it because they got 5ft extra extensions in the front?

Attached Files:

mckaigtransport Thanks this.
  7. Terry270

Jan 21, 2014
    BG, KY
    A. Not everything is going to fit up in there like a Corvette
    B. I should probably let Stan answer this but it looks like Stan's trailer is missing the extra set of hydraulics in the front of that deck

KANSAS TRANSIT Thanks this.
  8. BigGP

BigGP Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Well, if Corvette fits there as well as Dodge Grand Caravan, i think pretty much every car should fit there. Or am i missing something?

KANSAS TRANSIT Thanks this.
  9. KANSAS TRANSIT

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    Two things stick out in that picture, first he has a Corvette in the belly, probably the lowest, smallest car you get down there, second, I REALLY doubt he is 20,000 or less on that rear axle, now he may be legal as his state may be 22,000 on rear axle, but we try and stay at 20,000 so we are legal everywhere.

So if I was taking two buses, I would not put a unit in the belly, I would take a car on the lift and then tuck the nose of the back bus under the lift, bringing that rear bus further forward and making rear axle legal at 20,000.

We also have front flippers on ours and I can get about a 23' vehicle on the front deck and still load the lift deck, just have to be careful how long of a vehicle you put up there, again, he has a smaller vehicle up there, also he does has mini lifts on the second deck that will get him another couple inches into the belly, we really haven't needed them and I didn't want the extra weight and cylinders, lastly our trailers are about a 1,000 lighter than that one due to the way we spec'ed them, my trailers are 11,400 ready to roll.

Terry270 Thanks this.
  10. KANSAS TRANSIT

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    Just another note, if you look closely at the pic I have of the vans take into consideration that those vans are all lowered floor raised units, they are about 6" taller than a regular mini van, and have 10" drop floors, also note that the top of my sleeper is only 11' tall and the van that I have on the lift deck is not much over that, I can run that van out further on the lift deck toward rear of trailer AND lift it higher to 13'6" that gives me virtually NO overhang off of either end.

Terry270 Thanks this.
  11. Terry270

Jan 21, 2014
    BG, KY
    That's a joke right? Lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.