Best Buy Route

Discussion in 'Werner' started by man_on_the_earth, Mar 24, 2012.

1. man_on_the_earth

man_on_the_earth Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Harrisonburg, VA
    yesterday i received a pre-approved letter from Werner. A few days before that i filled out a application for them and within a hour after submitting it online i Got a call from a recruiter. Me and the recruiter talked for a short while and She told me That I would be put on the Best Buy account and that i would have to provide my own transportation and i was also told that i would be able to start orientation on April 2nd.

I also have put applications with a few other company's that takes student right out of driving school but i am really liking the sounds of the best buy account.

this morning i was wondering what she meant by me having to provide my own transportation so i called her but a male recruiter answered and i told him i was calling to speak to her and he said she was at the main office and he asked me if he could help me and i said "sure, no problem". Very nice people. I told him that i was told i would have to provide my own transportation for the best buy route and asked him to explain that to me. He told me that i would have to drive my car to the best buy distribution center and then that would be where my truck would be and i asked if they had parking so that i could leave my car there and he said yes I would drive there and park my car and take my truck out for the week making runs and when i was done making runs i could drive my car back home and leave the truck there. I love the sound of that, i only live about 25 miles from the distribution center and wouldn't have to worry about taking the truck home with me. I told him that that sounded great and asked him when i could get in touch with the recruiter that handles my case to set up for orientation. He told me he could do it for me right now or i could call her Monday and get it done. I told him i will call her Monday morning.

Also the best buy route pays 30 cent per mile

i am very excited about getting started working for Werener

I f anyone else is getting the Best Buy route please post about it and i will try to keep in touch with posts along the way telling how things are going.:biggrin_255:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. barroll

barroll Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Southwest Michigan
    Which best buy DC?

Are they vetting you through a trainer on the nest buy account, and then putting you on the account yourself, or thowing you out to the first available trainer then bringing you back to the account?

Are they having you go through orientation at the DC, or taking you out to a terminal?

4. man_on_the_earth

man_on_the_earth Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Harrisonburg, VA
    Its the best buy in staunton virginia

My orientation will be in Allentown Pennsylvania

im not sure how the training thing is going to go down, I will be talking with my recruiter tomorrow to set up the date for orientation but i dont think they could tell me what trainer will be available, It would make sence for them to give me a trainer that is doing the best buy routes but as of now im not sure.

barroll Thanks this.
  5. VanStallings

VanStallings Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2021

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.