Best Cb Radion On Market.

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by TANON, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thetez

thetez Medium Load Member

Jul 10, 2006
    he probably got some general series radio, with 250 watts of power, good radio for what it does.... unnecessary yes. not gonna lie though, i do want one....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MrsSkidmarks

MrsSkidmarks <strong>Stain Fighter</strong>

Nov 10, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    unnecessary is just what I was thinking. He unfortunately thinks he always needs 'the best', even when we cannot afford it. :biggrin_25523:

4. MrsSkidmarks

Nov 10, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    I just checked prices online for his model...how much do they charge for whatever tweaking they do? Because it's looking to me like he got royally ripped.

5. Pete_379X

Pete_379X Super Chrome

Jul 4, 2007
    Arkansas

What model is it and we'll let you know. Also did he get antennas, coax and the rest? All plays a factor in the bottom line.

6. MrsSkidmarks

Nov 10, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    Galaxy DX33HP...don't know if it's really the right box to what he really got(meaning I don't know if it was refurbished or new, there was no paperwork so that's why I don't know if that's really what he got or a box laying around), don't know about the coax or anything else but he did get a (good) new mic and no antenna.

I don't know much about a lot today obviously. :biggrin_2559:

funflies Thanks this.
  7. Pete_379X

Pete_379X Super Chrome

Jul 4, 2007
    Arkansas
    Eh.. A DX33 can go from 200-250 maybe higher but I wouldn't give it for one. A good mic from 45-60. Depending on the person tuning can go from 25-50. I don't know all the variables in what he's got or had done but that would be just about right if he got coax with it and overpaid a little for all of it. Galaxy is a good radio though.

8. MrsSkidmarks

Nov 10, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    Well, you just may well have saved his butt. :biggrin_255: Sounds to me like he overpaid some...maybe...but I guess if you figure in taxes maybe not.

He cut home time short a day for one of 2 reasons....1) he knew I'd check with TR on the price and was running scared from me......or 2) he felt guilty and needed to get to work faster to pay for it.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and go with a combo of 1 & 2. :biggrin_25522:

Seriously though...thanks for your input & time. I really appreciate it.

9. thetez

thetez Medium Load Member

Jul 10, 2006
    yeah, well the radio depending on where you get it can be even more than 250.. and i know ive gotten some radios fixed and the labor on that stuff hurts....
    a lot more than i was expecting

10. Pete_379X

Pete_379X Super Chrome

Jul 4, 2007
    Arkansas

Yeah, well if someone paid much more than that for it, then I have no pity. You can get them on sale on the internet for $199.00 all day long. labor can be high. I'll give you that much.

11. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    RadioShack TRC 447 that bought for my car 2 years ago. Is that a good one? Also, could I get marine radio and convert it to CB use?

King

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.