Best CB

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Madden29, Mar 12, 2019.

1. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    It really doesn't matter what I think. It's the comments from drivers that have been paying attention for 50 years that matter to me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Mine sounded and performed just like yours out of the box. <shrug>
    No need to be sorry.

4. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    Then you got fleeced. Lmao

5. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I got my money's worth LMAO.. A stock receiver would have lost Tom at mile marker 241 if not sooner.

6. Meteorgray

Meteorgray Heavy Load Member

Jan 1, 2016
    It sounds like Tom's equipment kept up with yours for the duration of the session. Where was his equipment done?

7. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    His was done at the same place mine was done. If it had been anywhere else he would have lost me probably around mile marker 236 or 241. He did have a little bit of noise in his receiver which made it impossible for him to hear me towards the last 8 miles or so. Even when I was running an amplifier the farthest anybody was ever able to hear me in 14 years from that location was mile marker 199. Pretty much nobody hears me past mile marker 236 at the farthest if I'm barefoot due to the mountains in between.

8. Timin770

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    And then the final test was having old-timers telling you that you sound great. Heck, old-timers tell me my radio sounds great and I didnt spend hundreds of additional dollars. Same results for no additional money.

BTW one of the old-timers who think my radio sounds great is me. I've had my grown kids and wife key up the radio when I'm in my car running errands many miles from home on another radio

9. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Tripling my receive was worth every penny.

10. Timin770

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    I'm just busting chops a little bit but your reply reinforces my belief that there is no single perfect setup that suits all operators. For example, I have zero interest in hearing people hundreds of miles away.

BTW I'm wondering why RL had an AT-6666 and trashed it

1. He often says ALL exports are junk.
    2. Coulda sold it on eBay for $200
    3. Coulda had your fella get it 100% squared away after waiting months for a Facebook reply and spending another $400

11. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I am too, I think it is a good thing to see someone doing well with these and other radios.

HOWEVER, I look at it this way, those who are just getting into it all they need is something simple and dependable that works, those who want to get into the performance end of things then getting into export/10 meter radios seems to be one avenue while another is going to a heavily mod'd radio.

Rabbi likes to show us how it can be, which is good, but I still like poking fun at his accomplishments.

Well here is the thing, I have three of them now, don't ask how I got three and they are sitting in storage with other radios. The first one was ok, I would like to get a schematic for it and asked the manufacturer for it but no reply yet. I like my little 949 that I have in the pickup right now and I am going to put on the modified Sirio on it when I get to it to see if it works better than my little 1989 K-40 which worked very well.

Slowmover1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.