Best cell phone plan for OTR

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by Midnightrider909, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl

Its not that big.

[​IMG]

Hurst

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Still have the cable for internet. DSL isn't price comparable and don't have the speeds cable offers.

I went with directvnow basic. Has all the channels i want. With my att cell service. I get free hbo with tv for $25. It's not the best service compared to the others that seem to have their act together. But offers the most.

Swiss Mountain Dog Thanks this.
  4. Swiss Mountain Dog

Swiss Mountain Dog Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Texas
    Yeah we have the Directv Now Basic at home and my husband has it in the truck through his tablet. Plus Hulu, Netflix and Prime.

For internet, I actually went with a local service that targets businesses. High speed internet for significantly less than the big companies advertising for residential service. They are tied in on the lines the cable company uses, but at a lower rate and no use limits. Flat fee and it just works. Took awhile to find the service though.

snowwy Thanks this.
  5. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I just switched to ATT. Am very happy. Phone working faster. Customer service intelligent and honest. They did just change rate plans. Also gossip they are buying Verizon?
    Rate.... $55 a month plus taxes. Unlimited which means 22gigs before throttle down. I’m welcome to link my laptop and use it. Just beware of usage.
    I thought somebody on here said they didn’t like att’s pre pay? I went with post pay. Wondering on input?

6. slim6596

slim6596 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Just bit the bullet and went to unlimited data with Verizon. Four lines (one dumb phone) $176 and change per month. Threw the satellite radio in the garbage. As I type this, I’m listening to Johnny Dollar via TuneIn app on my iPhone.

JReding and Jwhis Thank this.
  7. Jwhis

Jwhis Heavy Load Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I have Sirius on the car at home for the wife. I got the all access everything plan and use the app in the truck

slim6596 Thanks this.
  8. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    Ill say boost mobile then again I only ran the south.

9. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I found that the actual bill for ATT is about $109 a month. That $55 is just deceiving.
    I am happy with my service. Get much better coverage. And besides....for what I'm paying. I just downloaded a 1.88 GB upgrade to my laptop software. Took it 53 minutes. It worked.

10. Bucky

Bucky Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2013
    If you want enough data speed to stream Netflix or Amazon, a reseller like TracFone cannot offer this.

11. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    Yeah they can. Total Wireless is through TracFone. $50 unlimited talk/text + 25GB data, and you can buy as much more data as you need after that at $10 for 5GB. Verizon towers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.