Best company for lease purchase

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by jrf7, Sep 21, 2010.

1. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    10%? That isn't a heckofa lot. IMO, if you can't beat the big boys and their company driver minions at this game, its best to stay home.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cpape

cpape Desk Jockey

Jul 15, 2010
    Dubuque, IA
    I wouldn't disagree with that...just saying it isn't worth considering for less.

4. lkowallis

lkowallis Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2011
    San Jacinto, CA
    I just got back from two weeks in North Dakota looking for work. It is really the wild and wooly west. If you are an experienced driver you can get 60-70 hours a week hauling oil or water. Winter is tough of course but come spring you can make serious money. Trick is finding a place to live while you work there. There are dozens of man camps but almost impossible to get into an apartment. Beats OTR. Worth a look.

5. cpape

cpape Desk Jockey

Jul 15, 2010
    Dubuque, IA
    I am pretty sure I would rather find an OTR job where I was home weekends, then live in ND in a man camp. Call me crazy...

SheepDog Thanks this.
  6. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    I second the not living in a man camp......Now if there's a woman camp i may be persuaded....LOL

7. Dexterr

Dexterr Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Lafourche parish
    I think schnieder is...best this is to lease from a dealer and bring at least 10 grand for down payment

You can have a monthly payment instead of a weekly paymen.
    Also I has a "friend" who leased through swift and he has absolutely nothing. Only have to live of 105.00 a week. The rest goes on truck note and fuel and maintance account. He's the type that you can't tell him nothing

8. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Your friend is doing something very, very wrong ... I suspect he has failure down to a fine art and could manage it no matter where he is.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  9. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Either you manage your truck like a business, or expect $100 settlements as a rule rather than an exception.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  10. bluerider

bluerider Light Load Member

May 16, 2012
    Washington, DC
    If you've ever run a small business before, $100 per week in profit isn't bad. And if you are still in business after a couple of years, that's success. Be happy, at least you don't work for somebody else. Well, gotta run. Have to see my accountant and then go pick up my food stamps.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  11. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    I have, and at $100 per week its time to be considering exit strategies. Even a Weener Enterprises seat meat slave makes more than that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.