Best End Dumps?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by sugardoo, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Eaton18

Eaton18 Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Waverly, KS
    We have Mac Simizer and Travis. Those that pull the Mac love them, and the same goes for those that pull Travis. I pull one of the oldest trailers, which is a Travis. The company recently purchased a new Travis, it is about 1K lbs heavier than mine. It is double-walled, and has steel wheels, but is real pretty (shiny side). Those that pull the Macs (half-round or barrel beds), like the way they unload. The down side is the welds seem to crack easy.

One of our O/O has an East Genesis frameless spread axle. Sharp looking trailer, is lightweight and sturdy. It's light enough, that even though his tractor, an '07 379 Pete, is heavier than the '07 386 I drive, he can load more weight than I. He's only had the trailer for 2 yrs, but so far no problems with it. The only trailers he's pulled is end-dumps, for over 20 yrs. He done a lot of research before buying the East.

http://www.eastmfg.com/east-genesis-smooth-wall.html

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    We've got an East Genesis framed spread, and a slightly older Summit framed. East has it hands down, it's just better built (and has chicken lights from the factory, haha!). The Summit's not bad, but they seem to wear out faster in use...at least the older one or two we pull.

4. BigPerm

BigPerm Medium Load Member

IMHO; Having run several different models/brands in somewhat severe conditions...here are my thoughts. I'd buy a 1/4 frame trailer ( any length ) because the bed s are usually mounted high enough to where you can almost dump completely on top of your last load. That way you can consolidate how much area you're dumping in...& you don't need a loader to clean up material that will be stretch out if you have a frameless. It's also safer as both axles stay on the ground, whereas the frameless can lift the front axle off @ full extension. At full extension, you also have to pay attention to lights getting hit/buried in the material. Dragon end-dumps are the worst, as they have the gate hooks mounted on the bottom. I hauled broken concrete one day...got a chunk caught under the hooks...broke the linkage & air cylinders on BOTH sides. HMM? CPS's are good. I like everything Ranco has including their side dumps. Don't discount side dumps. They can be almost as versatile as a end OR belly with a little practice. Heavy & spendy tho'.

5. Dexterr

Dexterr Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Lafourche parish
    Mate!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Logan76 Thanks this.
  6. SoTxTrucker

SoTxTrucker Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2013
    I like CPS and am looking to pick one up soon. I also like Ranco

7. Mack185

Mack185 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Around here Vantage seems to be the most popular followed by East. Beelman has a huge presence around here so that is probably why Vantage is so popular as thats what Beelman runs.

8. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Company we haul for runs Raglan trailers. Have everything from end dumps, pusher boxes, live bottoms, tri axles with pups from them and they seem to take a good beating. However they are a Canadian company so not many down in the states.

9. Dump Truckin

Dump Truckin Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2012
    I've ran Trailstar and Mac. The Mac had the least of problems. My Trailstar always had ABS issues, so did my dad's. The Mac never gave me any issues. The Trailstars were pretty deep though. You can overload the hell out of it and barely see the load, especially after a good adjusting. The Mac was shallow. Besides the constant ABS issues, I liked the Trailstars the best due to being deep. These were 22-24 ft frameless.

10. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    Hey Dexter, I love that old 359'er, nice rat rod theme ya got goin there!

11. fisher guy

fisher guy Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Ocala Florida
    id rock that truck all day long she's got character but a little class (notice the polished up chrome) im willing the interior is probally mint to

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.