Best Lease/Purchase program for bad credit

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by DuesyJ29, Feb 25, 2015.

1. OONewbie

OONewbie Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Charlotte,NC
    I was referred to lonemountaintruck from a fellow owner operator simply because there is no balloon payment, no differed payments to the leasing co. out of your settlements and on the last payment you own the truck . I too was referred to Quality & Pathway leasing from Mercer, but after a 5 minute conversation and all the clauses and stipulations and the "legalities of the terms with quality" I basically said no, the no down payment wasn't enough for me to commit to juggling so much cash around from each settlement, I KNOW I will be overpaying for a truck from the leasing co. that's the whole point with a diminished credit rating and limited funds, I can't go to a traditional truck dealer and do direct financing, not to mention if you research lonemountain or speak to anyone that's done business with them, they are direct in their terms, treat you fairly plain and simple. And have very nice "NEW" trucks, I won't speak for the used inventory ... Good luck and if you need any other info feel free to PM me..

side note ~~ I am 6-7 weeks from signing on the dotted line, I will create a thread on my experience dealing with them directly and I will be starting some youtube videos for others that are making the shift from co. driver to O/O as well, because as many videos that there are out there many don't get down to specifics etiher...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jamicanexpress

Jamicanexpress Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Dayton Ohio
    Hey everyone is there anyone that can tell me the top 3 good companies to get a 0 down lease I want to make money

OONewbie Thanks this.
  4. OONewbie

Dec 2, 2014
    Charlotte,NC
    Your going to open Pandora's box with that question, because with ZERO down leases, there are many stipulations, clauses and hidden terms. You have to be due diligent in your questioning, read the lease agreements thoroughly and be careful. 2 of the 3 people I've spoken to that are doing ZERO down leases do not ever intend on owning that truck or sticking with it long term @ all.. They are using it to bank some money and get into a real lease or a finance situation to get their own truck... I can tell you to look into , Quality Leasing from Celedon They have a zero down term on used trucks, Arrow, MAKE SURE it's a walk away lease after 90days like Quality or you will be on the hook for double the price of the actual truck ...

& if you can bank $5 grand go to Lone Mountain Trucks "this is who I am using" and they are about the most straight up terms with no balloon payments at the end, the last payment you own the truck outright .. Research & Read ,getting told your approved is a great feeling, but keep in mind why they were so quick to approve you without a major vetting of your work experience, credit or anything, Because their terms suck!

Good luck and I'm sure you will hear plenty more on the subject, there are good threads here on TTR to read as well.

5. Jamicanexpress

Apr 16, 2015
    Dayton Ohio
    Thank u for the Insight I want to know is there money I mean real good money leasing a truck

6. OONewbie

Dec 2, 2014
    Charlotte,NC
    Depends on what you consider good $$$ , are you meat in the seat company driver now? What is your home expenses like? Do you have kids,a old lady, a mortgage ,car payments etc? I HAVE NONE OF THOSE, sad to admit but true....

If you get a good truck "doing your homework on the truck" and your not riddled wit breakdowns, yes you can make very good $ , I might recommend looking into KLLM they do zero down leases of brand new trucks and even after being bled to death on the nickel & dime payments a friend of mine is doing rather well for his personal situation , he clears between $1200-$2000 a week take home after all payments,taxes,fuel etc.. There is a lady on YouTube that shows her settlements from KLLM and breaks it down for you in detail for about 3 months of settlements... I am not too sure of KLLM's lease terms and if your on the hook for the entire term of the lease and cost of the truck, but it's worth looking into .. She's called the Trucking Diva something like that

Schneider , Arrow,Quality, if your only looking for a vehicle not a L/P position .... good luck

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  7. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    Why do you guys say your willing to run hard for that lease. Why not run hard as a company driver? Save up, then buy a cheap truck and lease it on somewhere? I just don't understand the logic.

Erick Evans and 112racing Thank this.
  8. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    I make more money leasing than company driving. I have no interest in owning a truck. But, if I did I could save money much faster leasing.

bsmoove Thanks this.
  9. Erick Evans

Erick Evans Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2015
    Minneapolis, MN
    The question is what if the carrier won't accept a cheaper older truck?

OONewbie Thanks this.
  10. Jamicanexpress

Apr 16, 2015
    Dayton Ohio
    Thank u for the info so are u doing a least and what do u think about a lease

11. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Also make sure of where ever you do the deal if there is a CLAUSE in the paperwork stating you cannot change carriers within so many days ( 90 ) or require the LEASING / LENDING outfits approval to change carriers

Jamicanexpress Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.