Best load boards

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by dpaczowski, Nov 13, 2020.

1. dpaczowski

dpaczowski Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2020
    Afternoon,

I am curious what you all are using for load boards whether you're a broker or a driver? We use DAT and Truckstop, but Truckstop usually leads to little to no response. Is DAT the best option? Are there better options out there?

Thanks for the help!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Atlaw4u

Atlaw4u Heavy Load Member

Jun 8, 2018
    DAT & Truckstop are the 2 big ones but as to which is best, I think it depends on what you are hauling and where you are located.

You may search past posts because I recall this topic being previously discussed in depth.

4. User666

User666 Medium Load Member

Sep 22, 2020
    Northeast Ohio
    From my experience, ITS is far better for open deck than DAT. However, ITS has much to be desired in the search functions arena. I'm forced to see tons of posts for equipment I don't have like 53 footers and conestogas. Also, there's so many posts that are in the wrong category or are lacking tons of information. Don't even get me started on all of the top posting so many posts get lost while the incessant freaks drown them out on the results.

All of these issues could be fixed so easily if ITS even cared a little bit about it but because they don't have any real competition they can be lazy about it. I also heard they were bought out by Uber which makes me very nervous about it's future.

KK63 Thanks this.
  5. KK63

KK63 Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2021

6. KK63

KK63 Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2021
    I just started a couple days ago:) I’m on TS and there seems to be a lot of baiting or chumming the water going on. The “good loads” the ones over $2 a mile seem to go very fast. I am starting to see some brokers are open to suggestions when I’ve told them I’m trying to combine partials. I will totally agree the information is very spotty; and until you get the conformation and even then it is important to ask a lot of questions. So much to learn

7. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    You've got to learn the game. Load board freight is almost all leftovers/emergencies/non-contract freight. You're looking for a needle in a haystack EVERY time. The name of the load board doesn't matter.

Loads that are POSTED for over $2pm will always go within a minute or two.

You're better off learning your lanes, what pays going in and out and learning to negotiate with brokers.

This is the way.

KK63 Thanks this.
  8. KK63

KK63 Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2021
    I’m trying:) I live in a small town in between St George UT and Las Vegas NV I start looking for loads mainly out of those two towns. Both about 60 miles dead head. Then if I find a load I’m interested in, I’ll do a search from my destination (before I even pick up my load) and look for prospects to get me back home. I don’t really (especially in the winter) want to spend many nights in my truck. I’ll be in hotels a lot until I get better at the game but I don’t want to leave my trailers while they are loaded worried about theft.

I will upgrade to the pro version this week cause I’m missing the real time postings as you mentioned. I wanted to learn the board and start filling out carrier packages. I also just joined Central Dispatch to fill deck space with partials since I’m not to far from an auction site.

Thanks for the info and keep watching my back if you see me going off the road.

9. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Good luck driver. You're in a bad spot for freight, so far as I know, so you may want to get a little bit more comfortable with sleeping in that truck.

I've thought about moving out west for years but I like to be home weekends so I'm staying over here where the plentiful freight is.

I think if you talk to a lot of O/O's out that way you'll learn that the distances between population centers (bigger cities) means you are going to be on the road longer because going further or deadheading to the freight and is the only way to make money.

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  10. KK63

KK63 Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2021
    Holy cow, our very first vehicle we hauled, and the company doesn’t pay us as described in the contract. This business seems to be full of scammers...

11. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.